Honored Contributor

Just this week, 1 today, I have been called by pollsters 4 different times. This afternoon I had a state pollster come to our home.

Some calls I get are for State Elections, which are many fewer questions, and one this week was from a Super Pak. The Super had a lot more questions about the candidates/their policies, and my feeling about each candidates character.

Any time I get a call that is a poll about politics, I am all ears.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

if you are in an important state you may get polled, otherwise probably not. The last election was a classic example of good/bad polling which ended with a big argument on one of the News stations the night of the election with many not believing the results because their polling was so skewed. 

VOTE!  That is the true solution. Make your voice heard. If you don't vote, your non-vote may be made for someone you didn't want. 

Esteemed Contributor

I haven't received any questionnaires, phone calls, or emails. Good surveys require a true random sample of people, but even then a poll can give spurious results if the questions are not phrased properly. Add to that the fact that some might not answer questions exactly truthfully and you have useless information.

I'll repeat what has been written already, VOTE! That is the one poll that truly counts. Most of our ancestors came to America to enjoy its freedoms and escape countries where they had no chance for a good life. Don't make a mockery of their sacrifices, and the sacrifices of our military, by staying home on Election Day.

Honored Contributor

Unfortunately, there are a lot of people who will vote according to the candidate who is ahead in the polls. They want to be sure they vote for the winner. Stupid - but true.  

Respected Contributor

I have been polled.  I'm in Ohio, so of course we are constantly bombarded with advertisements, robo-calls and polls.  Now I don't answer any calls that I don't know the number, so if they're trying to poll me again it's not happening.

Honored Contributor

Anyone who has taken a statistics class knows how easy it is to skew any poll to get the results you want.

Honored Contributor

I don't ever believe or rely on any polls.

I don't get polled very often, but when I they do call, I always provide misleading answers to their questions.    

Valued Contributor

I follow Dan Rather on FB and his view that he does not trust polls.  He looks at them more seriously after the debates and closer to the election.  Polls change.

No one has contacted our household either.

Anyway for now I try very hard not to pay attention to them.

Just get out and VOTE.

Respected Contributor

I've been polled a couple of times.  I vote because it's my duty to vote and I don't pay attention to what the polls say.  

Esteemed Contributor

I don't answer or participate in 'polls'