Esteemed Contributor

Daily Positive Thread for Thursday

Hello my friends!  The day went well.  I talked Aria out of crying when I took her out of her crib and onto the changing table, by just telling her to not cry to Grandma, just smile.  She stopped crying and smiled!  So cute!  Sometimes I can actually talk her out of crying. Alyssa was full of smiles this morning!  They are such sweethearts!  Almost 2 1/2 months now.  Oct. 3rd, they will be 3 months.

Alyssa spits up quite a bit - poor girl.  Next week will be very busy, as Greg will be gone to Savannah, Ga - where his company is, for a week, so we and others will be helping her out.  Wednesday night we  plan another overnighter for her. I told her that Thursday then she should go shopping for new clothes, or whatever to just get out of the house.  Her weight is down 10 pounds below before she got pregnant.

Have a great Thursday, everyone! Enjoy the Gift of God's Day!

Sometimes we spend our time demanding that the present moment be

different than it is instead of facing the situation and dealing with it.

Lord, strengthen my faith because through You I will have enough power

to overcome any obstacles. 

S C R I P T U R E   F O R   T H E   D A Y 

"We, however, will not boast beyond limits, but will keep within the
field that God has assigned to us, to reach out even as far as you.
For we were not overstepping our limits when we reached you; we were
the first to come all the way to you with the good news of Christ.  We
do not boast beyond limits, that is, in the labors of others; but our
hope is that, as your faith increases, our sphere of action among you
may be greatly enlarged, so that we may proclaim the good news in
lands beyond you, without boasting of work already done in someone else's sphere of
action.  'Let the one who boasts, boast in the Lord.'"  ~2 Corinthians
10:13-17

M E D I T A T I O N   F O R   T H E   D A Y 

I can try to help others.  I can try not to let a day pass without
reaching out an arm of love to someone.  Each day I can try to do
something to lift another human being out of the sea of discouragement
into which he or she has fallen.  My helping hand is often needed to
raise the helpless to courage, to strength, to faith, to health.  In
my own gratitude, I can turn and help others with the burden that is
pressing too heavily upon them.

P R A Y E R   F O R   T H E   D A Y 

I pray that I may be used by God to lighten many burdens.  I pray that
many souls may be helped through my efforts.

"Hugs Are Warm"

Hugs are nice
   Hugs are ways
   To break the ice
   If you send me a hug
   You won't regret
   I'll hug you back
   So you can't forget!
   A hug is just a way to say,
   I love you in a special way,
   To tell that someone special,
   I care about you in every way.
   When you shed a tender tear
   a hug is sure to be near.
   When you're trembling in fear
   a hug will come from someone dear.
   Wrap your arms around someone near
   In your hug is the circle of life.
   A new beginning to an endless day
   A ray of hope to light your way.
   Take a hug and pass it on
   don't save them up it can't be done.
   Share them with family and friends,
   share them whenever you can.
   A hug will make you "aahh"
   A hug will make you "oohh"
   A hug will make you smile
   A hug will make you feel great.
   A hug lightens up your day
   A hug throws away your loads
   A hug strengthens your ties
   A hug makes you feel important.
   A hug is harmless
   Stop! Take a break!
   It only takes a little of our time
   Why not share a hug?
   We all need a hug, don't we?

Send it to someone you care about.

The Cross

The power of the cross...an incredible story

In 1967 while I was taking a class in photography at the University of Cincinnati, I became acquainted with a young man named Charles Murray, who was also a student at the school and training for the summer Olympics of 1968 as a high diver. Charles was very patient with me as I would speak to him for hours about Jesus Christ and how He had saved me. Charles was not raised in a home that attended any kind of church, so all that I had to tell him was a fascination to him. He even began to ask questions about forgiveness of sin. Finally the day came that I put a question to him. I asked if he had realized his own need of a redeemer and if he was ready to trust Christ as his own Saviour. I saw his countenance fall and the guilt in his face. But his reply was a strong 'no'. In the days that followed he was quiet and often I felt that he was avoiding me, until I got a phone call from him. He wanted to know where to look in the New Testament for some verses that I had given him about salvation. I gave him the references to several passages and asked if I could meet with him. He declined my offer and thanked me for the scripture. I could tell that he was greatly troubled, but I did not know where he was or how to help him.

Because he was training for the Olympic Games, Charles had special privileges at the University pool facilities. Sometime between 10:30 and 11:00 that evening he decided to go swim and practice a few dives. It was a clear night in October and the moon was big and bright. The University pool was housed under a ceiling of glass panes so the moon shone brightly across the top of the wall in the pool area. Charles climbed to the highest platform to take his first dive. At that moment the Spirit of God began to convict him of his sins. All the scripture he had read, all the occasions of witnessing to him about Christ flooded his mind. He stood on the platform backwards to make his dive, spread his arms to gather his balance, looked up to the wall and saw his own shadow caused by the light of the moon. His shadow was in the shape of a cross. He could bear the burden of sin no longer. His heart broke and he sat down on the platform and asked God to forgive him and save him. He trusted Jesus Christ twenty some feet in the air. Suddenly, the lights in the pool area came on. The attendant had come in to check the pool. As Charles looked down from his platform he saw an EMPTY pool which had been drained for repairs.

He had almost plummeted to his death, but the cross had stopped him from disaster.
Galatians 6:14

Cross in My Pocket

I carry a cross in my pocket
            A simple reminder to me
            Of the fact that I am a Christian
            No matter where I may be.

This little cross is not magic
            Nor is it a good luck charm.
            It isn't meant to protect me.
            From every physical harm.

It's not for identification
            For all the world to see.
            It's simply an understanding
            Between my Savior and me.

When I put my hand in my pocket
            To bring out a coin or key.
            The cross is there to remind me
            Of the price he paid for me.

It reminds me, too, to be thankful
            For my blessings day by day
            And strive to serve him better
            In all that I do and say.

It's also a daily reminder
            Of the peace and comfort I share
            With all who know my master
            And give themselves to his care.

So, I carry a cross in my pocket
            Reminding no one but me
            That Jesus Christ is Lord of my life
            If only I'll let him be.

Daily Prayers are Heaven's Stairs

The "Stairway" rises "Heaven high"-
The "steps" are dark and steep,
In weariness we climb them
As we stumble, fall and weep...
And many times we falter
Along the "path of prayer"
Wondering if You hear us
And if You really care...
Oh, give us some assurance,
Restore our faith anew,
So we can keep on climbing
The "Stairs of Prayer" to You-
For we are weak and wavering,
Uncertain and unsure,
And only meeting You in prayer
Can help us to endure
All life's trials and troubles
It's sickness, pain and sorrow,
And give us strength and courage
To face and meet tomorrow!

- Author Unknown

Invocation to the Cross

Oh Almighty God who has suffered death on the Cross for all my sins...  Be with me.

Holy Cross of Jesus Christ...    Have pity on me.

Holy Cross of Jesus Christ...    Be my hope.

Holy Cross of Jesus Christ...    Ward off from me all cunning weapons.

Holy Cross of Jesus Christ...    Pour unto me all good.

Holy Cross of Jesus Christ...    Turn away from me all evil.

Holy Cross of Jesus Christ...    Make me reach the road of Salvation.

Holy Cross of Jesus Christ...    Ward off from me all murderous attempts.

Holy Cross of Jesus Christ...    Preserve me from all corporal and temporal accidents.

May I adore the Holy Cross of Jesus Christ forever.
Jesus of Nazareth crucified...    Have mercy on me.
Grant that the evil and harmful spirit fly away forever.  Amen

In honor of the precious blood of Jesus Christ.
In honor of the Incarnation by which He can lead us to Eternal Life...
Have Mercy on us.

Note: While these invocations are apparently addressed to the Holy Cross, in fact, we are praying to Jesus Christ hanging on the cross. Just as on Good Friday we have the ceremony which we call the Veneration, or even Adoration of the Cross, but, in fact, we are venerating or adoring the: One hanging on the cross. The Cross itself is simply a piece of wood, used as an instrument of our salvation. When we come to kiss the cross, it is the Body of Christ that we kiss, and not the wood of the cross itself.

September 14 -

Worship Me by living close to Me. This was My original design for man, into whom I breathed My very breath of Life. This is My desire for you: that you stay near Me as you walk along your life-path. Each day is an important part of that journey. Although you may feel as if you are going nowhere in this world, your spiritual journey is another matter altogether, taking you along steep, treacherous paths of adventure. That is why walking in the Light of My Presence is essential to keep you from stumbling. By staying close to Me, you present yourself as a living sacrifice. Even the most routine part of your day can be a spiritual act of worship, holy and pleasing to Me.

The Lord God formed the man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being.
—Genesis 2:7

Blessed are those who have learned to acclaim you, who walk in the light of your presence, O Lord.
—Psalm 89:15

Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God—this is your spiritual act of worship. Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.
—Romans 12:1–2

Super Contributor

Re: Daily Positive Thread for Thursday

Seems to be there is nothing like a Grandmother's smile to calm a soul!  What a fun day with many more to come.

We had a little bit of summer yesterday and now back into fall.  Must admit, I am already missing summer but mist move forward and embrace what I can.  Now to figure out what to wear!  

All is fine here in MA.  Kind of feel like I am in a rut these days so riding it out since not much can change these days.  I am ready for a change but not sure what that might be.  I am so grateful for my job, where I live, friends, family etc and a move is so expensive. And my kitties are not getting older and leaving their vet breaks my heart. WIth both having health issue, seems I need to embrace this time and I am asking God for help with this and keep an open mind to it all.  I really do not like change at all but something inside of me feels it is time to pursue that next path.

Many blessings to each of you. May your day be filled with joy and peace.  Keep our eyes andhearts open to all the ordinary miracles.

Peace,Nancy 

Honored Contributor

Hi everyone,

http://www.lovethispic.com/image/258877/hello-thursday-may-your-day-be-blessed

Trusted Contributor

Gloria, isn't it great when they start smilling.

I always used to help my cousin with her babies and I used to get a kick out of that.

Nancy, I will be praying for the good Lord to help you with the decisions you have to make.

meallen, I don't think I thank you enough for all the pretty pictures you post every day, but I just want you to know I appreciate them and enjoy them.

Blessings to all.

Harlene(lovestopaint)

Super Contributor

Meallen616, your pictures are the best so thank you for making my mornings! Harlene, thank you for your prayers.  I sometimes think I am overthinking things and just need to live and embrace the days more.  I want to enjoy each day and be more grateful for my life.

Have a good evening. Peace. Nancy 

Trusted Contributor

Good afternoon ladies --

Gloria - how wonderful the little ones are developing personalities, smiley girls.  Darla will enjoy some time out and doing some shopping for new clothes and the upcoming season.  Thank you for the wonderful inspirations.

Nj - take some time to pray about your options, you will get some answers.  If something is suggesting you make a change, maybe it's just a change in what you're doing.  Maybe it's a change in location.  Or maybe it's both.  A bit of time in prayer may help you see things clearer.  Give it some time for things to become more clear to you.  Maybe after the holidays, you make a decision.  I'm sure there isn't a rush, time will be your friend.  Sorry about the kitties, hope they get feeling better.

Meallen - thank you for the pic. again today.

Harlene - happy to hear from you today.

Enjoy your evening ladies - praying for miracles, big or small, and for us all.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks all for your posts!  Just got here first time all day!!  Nancy - I'll be praying for you to make the right decision for you, may Jesus and Mary be your guide. Also pray to your Guardian Angel to help you too.