Honored Contributor

Re: Please keep my daughter in your prayers

@Goodie2shoes - I will pray for your DD and for you as her mom.  It's good she's under a doctor's care and taking medication. I pray she will get rest and the disease will run its course and be mild. (((HUGS)))

Respected Contributor

Sending thoughts and prayers.  God bless.

Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

A friend got covid, she was unvacinnated but bounced back iin 5 days..her boy friend HAD the shot and booster and got covid..he is really sick. 

I don't think it matters either way if you have had the shot or not...

I am not vaccinated and have not had covid.

@Mom2Dogs I'm not vaccinated either....I'm out and about all the time and have not gotten Covid.  I even traveled and was in the airport & plane (2 round trips) last year.

@Goodie2shoes Best wishes to your daughter.  I hope and pray that she will be okay.   The variant that is going around now is not as bad as the one from 2020.  I can understand you feeling the way that you do...your daughter is going to be fine...you have to believe that! 

My own daughter was vaccinated but came down with it a few weeks before her wedding in May.  Fortunately it was mild and her fiance never got it.

Honored Contributor

I'm saying prayers for your daughter. 

Esteemed Contributor

I hope all goes well for your daughter...and mine. My daughter was fully vaccinated, had Covid in July, albeit very mild, and then last month she went to Italy with her fiancé. She picked up a different variant there (so did her fiancé) and this time she does have symptoms. She's been sick for two weeks, recovering very slowly.  Her doctor had told her to wait on the new Omicron booster because of her July Covid but he may have been wrong on that one.

Honored Contributor

So very sorry.  I hope she gets better soon.

Honored Contributor

Of course, I am confident that your daughter will be fine.  Her doctor has provided her with viral meds.  I know you are concerned, but she is in good hands and should be back to normal quickly.

Honored Contributor

@Goodie2shoes   Of course, I'll be thinking about her and hoping for a quick recovery. 

Trusted Contributor

Prayers for your daughter for a quick and complete recovery. I'm sure her vaccination will be helping to minimize bad symptom developments, even if she did not get the boosters recommended.  And she's smart to make contact with her doctor and start the meds that have  proven effective for most people. It's scary but she sounds like she's in good hands and getting through it. 

Try not to worry. You've got a lot of us praying and she is getting practical medicine. That's two big defenses in her favor. She's going to feel better in a few more days. And then she'll be okay.  And you're going to be okay, too. 

Please keep in touch and provide an update. We're concerned. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Goodie2shoes - hoping your daughter has a speedy recovery. Give the meds about 24-48 hrs to really kick in. 

My hubby (in his 70's with heart disease) received his second booster the end of June - he got Covid the end of July. 

The shots don't prevent one from getting the virus, but you will have milder symptoms.