Respected Contributor

it looks like my state,illinios,is going to open up even more.this is very encouraging.he stated starting April 5th,ages 16 and up can get vaccinated. He still wants ppl to wear their masks.im good with that.look where the us was a yr ago.

Super Contributor

Things are definitely looking up! I know the vaccine rollout has been frustrating at times, but when you consider that a year ago we were told it would be "12 to 18 months" before a vaccine was available, it's actually amazing. It's a great success of science and medicine to have 27% or so of all US adults vaccinated at this point!

Respected Contributor

do you remember at grocery stores,they had arrows to follow.always irritated me when ppl would go the wrong way.i know,petty.i just hope and pray illinios moves forward.

Honored Contributor

My state is opening vaccines up to everyone on April 5th....if you can get an appointment....if the state gets more vaccines since the governor never asked for any.  

The governor is one of those that never issued any mandates or requirements for masks, etc, and encouraged people to attend super spreaders without masks so our numbers have always been higher than most states.

Honored Contributor

"Debbie Downer" here. Watching the news with spring break crowds and the airports lined up with people traveling and then coming back with Covid or not. The theme parks and other destinations are jammed...Vaccinations, masks...most not in place.

I think proof of BOTH vaccines should be shown before everyone begins to run wild.

Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus - I agree with you. I'm seeing crowds and no masks - and these are not just young people. We have a lot of travelers here now so I'm trying to avoid the crowds as much as I can.

I've only had my first vaccine and surely don't want to pick up anything - trying hard to stay healthy, lol

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because - political.

Respected Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

"Debbie Downer" here. Watching the news with spring break crowds and the airports lined up with people traveling and then coming back with Covid or not. The theme parks and other destinations are jammed...Vaccinations, masks...most not in place.

I think proof of BOTH vaccines should be shown before everyone begins to run wild.

Disagree but unfortunately can't share why on this forum. 

Esteemed Contributor

I would love to think we are about at the end of this pandemic, and maybe we are-but my dh had to go in a hardware yesterday and he said he and an elderly couple were the only ones wearing masks. 

In my state we are suppose to wear them but there is no mandate. 

The ball fields are packed, no masks in sight. I pray to God there is herd immunity going on, because if there isn't we are gonna be right back where we have been, in a bad spot. 

Respected Contributor

oh I totally agree shanus.i get irritated when ppl don't wear their masks either.i believe a buisness has the right to ask them to leave if they wont.today for instance,I picked up a pizza.every person working there was maskless.so very wrong.needless to say,I will not go back there again.fyi,I got 1st vaccine today.phizer was the brand