Honored Contributor

@PreKteacher wrote:

"a year ago we were told it would be "12 to 18 months" 

@PreKteacher 

What I heard last year was "it will take 14 days to slow(flatten) the curve".  Dr. Fauci!

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

@ThinkingOutLoud wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

"Debbie Downer" here. Watching the news with spring break crowds and the airports lined up with people traveling and then coming back with Covid or not. The theme parks and other destinations are jammed...Vaccinations, masks...most not in place.

I think proof of BOTH vaccines should be shown before everyone begins to run wild.

Disagree but unfortunately can't share why on this forum. 

@ThinkingOutLoud - You and me both. 

Honored Contributor

@rnmom @Shanus 

I think the first were vaccinated in December. According to one of our senators, who is a Medical Doctor, there are no reports of those fully vaccinated, or having had the various, of anyone being reinfected in the United  States. He himself was infected with the virus.

I don't believe those groups of people should "run wild", whatever that means to some. Since they do not spread the virus and no known cases of reinfection in the United States! 

Not sure what meets your criteria of "proof", but the stats plus the research done by this senator, who is a doctor, more than meet my criteria of proof. 

I will still wear a mask where required, even though I feel, I cannot be infected nor spread this virus. Will I do things differently than over the last 12 months? Actively, probably not. If I do it will be with the confidence that I am not infecting others and less concern of being infected myself, which was close to zero before getting my 2 shots.

Are my circumstances different than yours, and as yours are probably different than @ThinkingOutLoud  and @happycat . Everyone leads a different life and who better to decide for them than themselves.

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

@rnmom @Shanus 

I think the first were vaccinated in December. According to one of our senators, who is a Medical Doctor, there are no reports of those fully vaccinated, or having had the various, of anyone being reinfected in the United  States. He himself was infected with the virus.

I don't believe those groups of people should "run wild", whatever that means to some. Since they do not spread the virus and no known cases of reinfection in the United States! 

Not sure what meets your criteria of "proof", but the stats plus the research done by this senator, who is a doctor, more than meet my criteria of proof. 

I will still wear a mask where required, even though I feel, I cannot be infected nor spread this virus. Will I do things differently than over the last 12 months? Actively, probably not. If I do it will be with the confidence that I am not infecting others and less concern of being infected myself, which was close to zero before getting my 2 shots.

Are my circumstances different than yours, and as yours are probably different than @ThinkingOutLoud  and @happycat . Everyone leads a different life and who better to decide for them than themselves.

hckynut 

Just to be on the safe side @hckynut you should reconsider if you are over 65.  There was a study done that found re-infection rates are much more probable for people 65 and over.  The Findings of this study were published the peer reviewed journal "The Lancet."

Search term: Can you get the coronavirus twice? How long do you have immunity? This new report provides a lot of insight.  Story published on 3/18/2021.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Honored Contributor

@gertrudecloset 

I will be 82 in a couple months. As I said in my last post, I have never been concerned about contracting the virus, post or pre vaccination. 

Could tell you my choice in my medical history, that to me, puts me much more at risk, than contracting the virus. That issue for most, if it happens, is a rather quick death.

I made that choice several years ago because for way too many years I was "existing", not living my type of life. My doctors agreed with my choice, live watching my life go by,  or take a risk and live my life my way.

Heard and read enough studies from Doctors/Epidemiologists, and Virologists, to be able to draw my own conclusions of what is best for me and living my life, my way

I appreciate your taking the time to respond to my other post, along with information and a study, that may interest others. As I said in my other post, everyone can make the choices they feel are best for them and their lives. That is what I chose to do many years before the virus was around.

Have a nice weekend,

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

It's Monday and last Friday our state opened up...partially. I can't keep track of the "phases". I know the restaurants and bars are opened w/ 75% capacity and bars can remain opened until 2AM, which in a college town is asking for "trouble".

We went out for dinner Friday night (alone) to our favorite seafood restaurant which also has a raw bar/drink bar. We know the manager well after all these years and asked why no one was sitting at the huge bar as usual. It seems, his bar tenders are all under 30-35 without a vaccine and cannot be in contact with the puplic...especially close contact. He said the bars here have that issue hiring bartenders whether or not bars are open. The wait staff have vaccines and can serve food...I don't understand the difference, but he said it's been a problem getting clarity from the state why wait staff are considered to be in a diferent category than bartenders. They are at the bar making drinks to be picked up by waiters and brought to the tables, but bar is closed to sit and drink and eat oysters. 

My gym is open at 75% wearing masks to use the machines and run on the upstairs track that goes around the entire upper floor, but the classes are suspended. 

It's still quite confusing what the state is saying. Dressing rooms in stores were still blocked off on Saturday. It's crazy here. No clear guidelines.

Trusted Contributor

MIchigan gave up on the Phases 2 months after they were implemented.  The governor didn't follow what she publicized in them anyway.  Guess that means she can continue to let us live in the dark.

This summer I don't care what the mask mandate rules are in Michigan I will stop wearing my mask.  Its been a year and Michigan is in a horrible place.

At the rate we are going this will never end and there will always be another reason why the so called "experts" will tell you to wear a mask.  I'm over listening to Dr Fauci because he only is interested in Infectious disease NOT the whole person.  One day he will say wear 2 masks then the next No that was a joke.  If you are vaccinated don't see your grandchildren - yet a week later the CDC says yes you can.  People need to open their eyes to what we are doing to people in this country especially kids - there WILL be long term effects to these kids that no one wants to talk about.  

Esteemed Contributor

I've stopped listening to Dr. Fauci a long time ago. He is a bureaucrat, only interested in staying relevant and stating his agenda, not helping U.S. citizens.

I do listen to my local health department. They seem to make more sense than many departments of the federal government.  By now I have a good idea what precautions to take and how to live my life. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

@PreKteacher wrote:

"a year ago we were told it would be "12 to 18 months" 

@PreKteacher 

What I heard last year was "it will take 14 days to slow(flatten) the curve".  Dr. Fauci!

hckynut

This is a new virus and the medical teams learned a lot as time went by.  I'm glad they were open to learning more about covid and changing positions....unlike many politicians and others.

Honored Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

@rnmom @Shanus 

hckynut 

I hope you're not talking about the senator from Kentucky. He's an eye doctor, not a medical doctor.