Frequent Contributor

I'm using Motherlove Tattoo Care on my new tattoo. It's working wonders on the initial healing. If you've used this product (or a similar tattoo aftercare product) I'd like your opinion: Ointment vs. Moisture Lotion.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Honored Contributor

Re: Paging Tattoo Fans

[ Edited ]

The trick is to always keep new & old tattoos moist to keep from fading.  During hot weather, use sun tan lotion.

For that initial healing itching I used an itching cream which you can purchase from any drug store.

Me personally because I have dry skin, I use vaseline & lotions.  After 30+ yrs, my arm tattoo still looks "fresh."  I'm 66 yrs young.

CONGRATS ON YOUR NEW TATTOO!!!!!

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@meezercats

I just got my first tattoo on Saturday.  Henry, my tattoo guy said, wash it 3x a day with regular soap (I'm using lever 2000) and apply Aquaphor.

After a week or so I will probably call the studio and say, so, once it heals what do I with it to keep it fabulous.

I've read on various sites to go with non scented moisturizers like Eucerin (sp) or Aveeno.

I'd rather hear the recommendations from the studio.  Can't call Henry, lol.  He was the guest artist from California.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@Bird mama

Screen Shot 2016-09-14 at Wed, Sep 14, 2016-3.54.43 PM.pngis what I actually use.  Last all day & does not get on your clothes.  Or I should say, does not "stain." or leave any greasy residue on clothing.  Stuff absorbs right into the skin.

CONGRATS ON YOUR NEW TATTOO!!!!!!! 

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac

OOh, thanks.  I do subscribe to Vaseline as the wonder jelly, lol.  As a matter of fact, I carry a small one in my bag as I never know when I might need it. 

I waited so long to get my tattoo that I am determined to keep it looking fabulous.

Honored Contributor

Vaseline is a miracle jelly as far as I am concerned. Smiley LOL

I swab it on my tattoo at night.

Trusted Contributor

meezercats and birdmama, tell us what your new tattoos are! if you don't mind, that is! 

Honored Contributor

I got my first few tattoos in the Spring. Being a type 1 diabetic my tatto artist wanted me to keep the plastic wrap, that they put on, kept on for 4 days. I'm glad I did because both of my tattoos are perfect. They healed perfect and their color is still just like the day I got them. I used Eucerin lotion and always used sunscreen on them when going out on our boat this Summer. I'm planning on getting another sometime this Winter. Woman Happy

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

@freakygirl

IMG_0936.JPG

Trusted Contributor

birdmama, THATS GORGEOUS! make sure you take good care to keep the color vibrant. is that your only one? if yes, will you be getting more work done? may I ask why you chose this design?