Honored Contributor

Re: Paging HOMEGIRL --- How Are You?

Hi @Drythe

A fascinating trip, to say the least.  

Some of those countries have very workable educational and other systems that we here might learn from.

I'd love to hear as much as you would like to post about the trip.

In the meantime, here is the link to the African Parks story I posted:

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Community-Chat/African-Parks-plan-to-repopulate-diminished-wildlife/m-p...

It's from a May 18 Washington Post article.

I created a little space on a special table with her photo and the few cards from friends and vets expressing condolences.  I would imagine you have something similar.   Today I gave a bag of treats and a pack of "doggy waste bags" to the new owner of a new puppy in my community .  The new little girl's name is Coco.   It's fun to see her out and about just happy with life. 

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach

Yes, my friend, I do have a place, cards, my favorite photos, a few of his amazingly long, white whiskers, and his ashes which will someday be mixed with mine.

You are so correct about ideas from which we could benefit.  One is that when any part of their many, beautiful Birch Forrests is cut, it is mandatory that 80% be re-planted.  The wood is not sold out of the country in it’s raw form as we do here.  Rather, it is made into beautiful Birch furniture.  The reasoning being that furniture making creates higher paying jobs for citizens.  As a matter of fact IKEA is negotiating to open a large international store there.  What a great idea I thought!

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

Dear @Drythe

I wish you a lovely evening.   I hope someday we get the opportunity to meet.  We are on the same wavelength on quite a few things, not the least of which is welfare for animals as well as for the world around us.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.