Valued Contributor

Re: PUTTING MONEY WHERE MOUTH IS?

[ Edited ]

So the imposter and chronic fabricator Shanus has some guidelines for others.  Made up career, lifting images of others to use as their own.    

The poster Shanus posted pictures of other women lifted from the Internet and claimed them for her own.  Joan Kaminow in particular was the most recognizable, including a long drawn out story to go with it to further engage readers.

Very doubtful anyone who knew about all these activities would allow themselves to be cultivated or come to the defense of someone catfishing on the q board for years.

libby's folly
Respected Contributor

Hi @Caaareful Shopper  "Hearsay" is defined as getting information from others that has not been substantiated; rumor

"Assumption" is defined as accepting something as true or certain something will happen without having proof

I think there have been posts throughout the years that are based on hearsay and posters making assumptions, regardless of the subject matter. Perhaps it's part of human nature.

Esteemed Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

@Johnnyeager   you can add me to the list of those who want to join only moderated chat sites.  There are many that aren't, so a moderated site gains for me just because of its rarity.  

I was here on the Q forums before there were moderators --  now in what is realistically the probable last decade of my life, I have no intention of learning to shoot a gun, of learning how to throw an effective fist, or of becoming comfortable in another unmoderated board. Already lived more than enough of that

@millieshops It is the willingness and work involved in learning new things that keeps the mind young.  I don't know your age, but I know you don't know what the future will bring you.  The last decade?????  How do you know????  My grandmother lived over 100 years.  She was amazing.  Please do not stop being willing to try new things. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Desert Lily wrote:

I started 3 threads at the new site, and none of them had Q as a topic.

Hearsay and assumptions can have negative effects.

@Desert Lily,  that would make a most excellent sig.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

@Desert Lily wrote:

Hi @Caaareful Shopper  "Hearsay" is defined as getting information from others that has not been substantiated; rumor

"Assumption" is defined as accepting something as true or certain something will happen without having proof

I think there have been posts throughout the years that are based on hearsay and posters making assumptions, regardless of the subject matter. Perhaps it's part of human nature.

@Desert Lily  Hello.  Yes, I agree with your definitions.  

But my statement did not use either word. I used and meant heresy = opinion profoundly at odds with what is generally accepted.  

Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@PamfromCT wrote:

@Johnnyeager, There are different ways of expressing an opinion.  Or not, for that matter.

1.  Say nothing.  Not worth the effort knowing the recipient.

2.  Be assertive, but in a constructive way.  No need to get    

Personal or demeaning.

3.  Go for the jugular.  Let it all hang out.  Who cares?  If they

get offended, that’s their problem.

@PamfromCT, I just want to add to the chorus: Please join us. Your contributions here should not be forgotten. Heart

BTY, it really is an excellent site.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

@suzyQ3, You are a sweetheart.  I thank you.  Not everyone would agree with you.  I was a member of a thread for a number of months, thought I was at least tolerated, until....

I don’t do mean.

Esteemed Contributor

I suspect the new board will be somewhat less qvc centered since we aren't a click away from checking out the tsv, looking at products, etc.  

Respected Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper  I've usually heard "heresy" used in context with its definition that means in contradiction with established religious doctrine, and not on this topic of what board sites are about.

But, it doesn't matter. Have a nice day.

Honored Contributor

@Desert Lily wrote:

@Caaareful Shopper  I've usually heard "heresy" used in context with its definition that means in contradiction with established religious doctrine, and not on this topic of what board sites are about.

But, it doesn't matter. Have a nice day.

@Desert Lily   Heresy has more than one meaning:

1.  Belief or opinion contrary to orthodox religious doctrine.

2.  Opinion profoundly at odds with what is generally accepted.