Esteemed Contributor

Re: PUTTING MONEY WHERE MOUTH IS?

Oh. Please.

She expressed an opinion.  Fabulous. 

And others expressed an opinion of the opinion.   That's the way it plays out.

Do people still think you may post on a highly public forum and expect no reactions, good or bad?

Some posters really do need to be protected behind the gated fortress of solitude. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus, No thank you necessary.  I’ve never been afraid to speak up.  I am 77, been like that since a little girl.  I used to regret not going onto law school, but then I worked for a litigation firm—nah.  Would be too emotional for me.

Esteemed Contributor

@Johnnyeager, There are different ways of expressing an opinion.  Or not, for that matter.

1.  Say nothing.  Not worth the effort knowing the recipient.

2.  Be assertive, but in a constructive way.  No need to get    

Personal or demeaning.

3.  Go for the jugular.  Let it all hang out.  Who cares?  If they

get offended, that’s their problem.

Honored Contributor

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@NYCLatinaMe   Apologies if you missed my point. They can discuss what they wish on a new site, but it will be my decision not to stay if it's mostly still about Q. Like FB or other groups, each person decides if it's right for them. 

@Shanus wrote:

@NYCLatinaMe   Apologies if you missed my point. They can discuss what they wish on a new site, but it will be my decision not to stay if it's mostly still about Q. Like FB or other groups, each person decides if it's right for them. 

I guess I am confused. 🤪Just a few years ago you had a thread @Shanus , stating you were "addicted" to QVC. I guess the responses "cured" you of your addiction? It seems like all this drama is just that...drama. 🙁😳

Among other things..

Melodrama was my first thought...

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shanus wrote:

Thnaks for your understanding and sticking up for me @PamfromCT .

I wonder if she even knows who she is sticking up for?

When you put up that photo of a model claiming to be her, that was it for me. You had plenty of time to explain but chose to ignore. I worked hard in that industry and if you stole my photo made threads about it claiming you were me, you would be in a heap of trouble. The modeling agency also has rights to the photos. You could be sued @Shanus . That photo was NOT you.

JOAN KAMINOW was her name.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

You can always make a group on another site, proboards or many others to choose from. 

I dont read the posts on the new group on proboards bout qvc orders and stuff they sell etc.

I am there for other posts Smiley Happy

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I started 3 threads at the new site, and none of them had Q as a topic.

Hearsay and assumptions can have negative effects.

Honored Contributor

I registered on the Wisteria forum -- didn't like it, so I unregistered.

I registered on the ProBoards forum --  I like it very much!  Hopefully it'll remain vibrant, interesting, and respectful. 

In addition, I still shop on QVC.  I don't find that heresy, or a contradiction of faith, or conscious.   

If I felt for a minute that joining the other group meant I would be chastised or socially censored because of shopping or talking about QVC, well, I 'd leave that forum as well.  I'm not a joiner by nature.  But I love interesting people and great topics of conversation.

QVC has always been a company I like and don't like.  I certainly don't like how they chose to close the forums right before the holidays -- really crappy (for lack of a much better word not allowed here) decision.   

I am most upset for the posters who have nurtured real, enduring friendships on this forum.  I cannot imagine their hurt and feeling of abandonment right now.  I totally respect everyone's decision to do what's best for them. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Shanus Obviously do as you wish, but telling other people what to do or "else" sure sounds like an ultimatum.  Not cool.   

Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@NicksmomESQ   I fear if the new site is discussed too often here and it's obvious we're recuiting folks to come over, these forums will be shut down w/o notice ASAP.

@Shanus YOU started this thread about the the other board and you are complaining about it?