Honored Contributor

Re: PRIVILEGES FOR SPENDING MORE?

@homedecor1 wrote:

As for Q I don't buy enough to be excited for free shipping & EZ pay is OK for large purchases, for me.

Lately, I find myself getting excited with sales, coupons, extra % off, etc.

I bought 4 golf polo shirts at JCP this week (80% off, extra 50% coupon, $10 rewards cash)

total spent $9.13🙂 now that's something to get excited about.

@homedecor1   When you think about it, free shipping is not a big deal. $3.50 off? Certainly not a sale or discount.

Honored Contributor

@Maestra1 wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

I checked my Sephora cart this morning to put it through for the sale. Another three items were sold out. Only one item left. VIBROUGE was able to purchase first and receive 20% off. I’m a VIB and only get 15% off. I’m not sure what the INSIDER’S level receivers or when they are permitted to shop the sale. The levels are based on how much you spend during the year.

Nordstrom ropes off areas w/ bright yellow ribbons for Nordstrom Card Holders Only. This leaves others left unable to shop the sale until a later date and many items or sizes are sold out.

QVC does the same thing with the Q Card. Extra easy payments only using their card. The incentive to get the card varies from a $20-$40 credit to your account. 

The more I thought about this monetary “caste” system, the more it bothered me. I don’t think Ulta’s 21 Day Sale has any hierarchy of spenders. 

I cleared the last item out of my Sephora cart. It does not sit well with me. 

I'm Rouge and items I had in web cart for midnight 8/20 were already sold out and unavailable.

I use this sale to purchase gifts (Chanel L'Eau body spray, LaMer lip balm)

I like to think it is the Cosmos telling me i have enough already

The Rewards  at Sephora stink and when a decent one comes in they sell out immediately in the 2000 point ranges. I use other rewards as stocking stuffers as we get closer to Christmas.

@Maestra1 

So what's the difference between Rouge and Vibrouge?  I can't be the only person who doesn't know these terms.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tinkrbl44  I think the lowest level of spending is Insider, then comes VIB and then ROUGE is the highest level. They get the largest discount at sales. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I have no problem with it.