Honored Contributor

Re: PBarn delivery gone bad

[ Edited ]

@Gabidog I would have offered him something to drink and some type of individual wrapped snack if he refused give him a tip. I would consider how I would like to be treated. Yes, took 6 months waiting for product and delivery. We are dealing with so much extra stuff and so many items are not available. I know that this is just my way of doing things. Several years ago- had two major kitchen items delayed in delivery.  Plus hot summer. Guys finally came at 8 p.m.  We opened door and handed them bottles of cold water. They parked at end of long driveway. We told them to pull up on the grass directly in front of the door. There return drive was two hours. We gave them prepacked snacks, more drinks and tips. They were shocked but very thankful. They said that our kindness and thoughtfulness gave them strength to continue. We just told them that whenever they have a chance just pay the kindness forward.

Esteemed Contributor

There is no job that requires employees to put up with verbal abuse. It was not his fault that there was an accident in the tunnel. Her furniture was not the only furniture in the truck, and his other deliveries were most likely just as delayed as a result  of the accident, and he probably had everybody jumping down his throat for something that was beyond his control. Do you honestly think that for one second, he decided to be late on purpose, just to tick you, and everyone else on his route off? I don't blame the  driver  one bit for not putting up with your karp. And even if you complain to cs about him, who do you think that they're going to believe, you or him? He can just as easily paint  you to be  the unhinged, irrational customer, while he was sweet as pie, who tried his best, but due to circumstances beyond his control, (the accident), he just couldn't make you happy. Don't think that things like that don't happen, because they do. Instead of jumping down his throat for something that was beyond his control, you should have just graciously accepted the delivery, and have been done with it.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

What good would an explanation from the driver re: the 'reason' for the delay/miscommunication have done at the point of delivery?

Imagine HIS frustration by this situation, plus sitting in traffic due to an accident, only to be confronted by an angry customer demanding answers that he couldn't answer.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

I had a delivery from Macy's a few years ago and I kept getting automated calls that the delivery was delayed and a new expected time but they ended up being on time anyway.

I'm not sure what systems these delivery companies use, but they seem to be highly inaccurate.  Why not just use with Uber and Amazon and UPS use so you can "follow the truck" on a map.

It would be so much less stressful and more accurate.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@SouthernBee wrote:

@Gabidog I would have offered him something to drink and some type of individual wrapped snack if he refused give him a tip. I would consider how I would like to be treated. Yes, took 6 months waiting for product and delivery. We are dealing with so much extra stuff and so many items are not available. I know that this is just my way of doing things. Several years ago- had two major kitchen items delayed in delivery.  Plus hot summer. Guys finally came at 8 p.m.  We opened door and handed them bottles of cold water. They parked at end of long driveway. We told them to pull up on the grass directly in front of the door. There return drive was two hours. We gave them prepacked snacks, more drinks and tips. They were shocked but very thankful. They said that our kindness and thoughtfulness gave them strength to continue. We just told them that whenever they have a chance just pay the kindness forward.

@SouthernBee ,You are good people. 😍

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Valued Contributor

As usual responders blame the op.  I had a tip ready to hand the driver.  There were two of them.  They were not stuck in a tunnel because I checked the traffic report...it was one of the lies told to me by the delivery service.  I did complain to the service.  The only honest and sympathetic response I got was from the final cs person.  He said he did not care what I said to the driver and the driver was there to deliver my furniture not insult me and throw my chair onto the truck.  Yes, I will inspect for damage.  I really do not think they knew where my furniture was because they said it was on another truck and not the original truck which is why they called back after it was rescheduled.  And why don't all of you people confine your dogs over and over, move furniture around to make the delivery job easier.  Why don't you waste an entire day hearing lies and stories of tunnels and delivery times that are never correct.  And I was not yelling at the driver just complaining about the misinformation.  He should have simply said I am sorry...where would you like your chair?  That is his job.  Maybe the problem was him!  But not on these forums.

Respected Contributor

True story here. My husband delivered a treadmill to an exclusive home in an exclusive neighborhood. He brought it up a split set of steps where a very demanding woman stood over him and made sure he didn't "dirty or damage her walls or floor " It was in the 90's that day. When he was done he felt light headed and dizzy, overworked and he rubbed his chest. When she saw this; she demanded that he step outside of her home immediately because she thought he was going to drop dead in her house. She never offered him water, or a seat nor did she inquire if he needed medical attention. She just told him to "step outside pleeeze"   My husband still can't believe it. Thanks @SouthernBee for being human and kind and not thinking that it's something extraordinary but just what you normally do. 

Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 : We were raised by good poor parents that taught us to all ways do the right thing and help whenever possible.

Honored Contributor

@KBEANS : Started tearing up reading your DH delivery. We live in a very modest neighborhood and blessed with our home.

Maybe TMI- but true story. My Dad worked for the telephone company in the 50's.  I can't remember the correct terms but he worked outside climbing the poles. One day he went to an elderly ladies house and her telephone pole was in her backyard. It was a very hot day and she was concerned about Dad climbing the pole plus no one was with him. Sadly that day- my Dad had a massive heart attack. He died on the pole but didn't fall to the ground. Mom made sure someone did a follow up check on the lady and asked for permission to get her contact information to call and mail her a card. I was a 22 month old baby with cerebral palsy.

Super Contributor

@Gabidog wrote:

As usual responders blame the op.  I had a tip ready to hand the driver.  There were two of them.  They were not stuck in a tunnel because I checked the traffic report...it was one of the lies told to me by the delivery service.  I did complain to the service.  The only honest and sympathetic response I got was from the final cs person.  He said he did not care what I said to the driver and the driver was there to deliver my furniture not insult me and throw my chair onto the truck.  Yes, I will inspect for damage.  I really do not think they knew where my furniture was because they said it was on another truck and not the original truck which is why they called back after it was rescheduled.  And why don't all of you people confine your dogs over and over, move furniture around to make the delivery job easier.  Why don't you waste an entire day hearing lies and stories of tunnels and delivery times that are never correct.  And I was not yelling at the driver just complaining about the misinformation.  He should have simply said I am sorry...where would you like your chair?  That is his job.  Maybe the problem was him!  But not on these forums.

Yeah, don't you just hate it when all you do is air your frustrations and get jumped on by everybody?  I get it.   It's like when you tell a funny story and no one laughs...guess you had to be there.  

Man plans. God laughs.