Valued Contributor

I have had other PBarn deliveries and all was great which makes me wonder why this driver had the fit over my moment of complaining about the misinformation I received all day from the delivery service.  I was not complaining about him just the lies I was told every time I called cs.  But I think I am done reading about my perceived character and will just anticipate a perfect delivery tomorrow.  You can continue commenting about what you think happened but I have had enough of the inappropriate insults.

Trusted Contributor

@Gabidog  I do hope you saw that there were some of us who understood and were supportive to you. Not everyone here would enjoy going after their fellow posters like this, which happens far too often.

I’m sorry all of this has happened and I really do hope things go better with the delivery. 

Esteemed Contributor

That is frustrating all around.

In the age of cell phones, you'd think it was much easier to keep tabs on things, wouldn't you?

I had an electrician keep me waiting all day.  I mean, not the end of the world but it was pretty inconvenient, not to mention rude - they just plain never showed up so I hired someone else.  I needed the work done so I could have a stove installed.  Again, not the end of the world, but I missed having a functioning range!  At some point there's a point where, why have I worked to be where I am, only to have it be sabotaged?

I worked in the field of horticulture.  We delivered big heavy bulky things every day.  Unfortunately there are many careless people who take little pride in their work, and once a delivery gets off track it just snowballs into a worse situation.  We were forever "making it up to people" after we botched their delivery, or installation.  Communication was usually the issue.  A little thought and caring goes a long way!  On both sides, but I've always felt that as the vendor, it was up to me to provide the best level of care that I possibly could to the customer.  Yes, in most cases, "they" are right.  "They" keep us in business.

Good luck getting the furniture, @Gabidog .  I hope you love it!  After an experience like this if there's any imperfection at all it will stand out like a sore thumb.

Cogito ergo sum
Valued Contributor

All is well that ends well.  Delivery was to be today between 2:00 and 4:00 but at 9am the truck arrived!  I did not have the old furniture out of the way so I told them to just leave the chair in the foyer.  Happy it was earlier than later.  No damage and men were very pleasant and they got a tip. And I will give a good review.

Honored Contributor

@Gabidog : Relieved that everything worked out for you. Hope you have someone to move the furniture for you, unpack the chair and move it to your desired location.👏🏻❤️❤️

Valued Contributor
I'm guesstimating by a lot of replies that most of you can sit around all day waiting for someone to show up to deliver an item whenever they feel like it! I have a life & a more than full time business that is technically 24/7/365. I wouldn't be a happy camper either if someone was delivering something I had to be home for (& maybe move things for them and have to corral pets out of their way & so they don't escape an open door from the delivery people!!) & they didn't show up on time. Yes, I get life & traffic/accidents happen, but updating that information to the customer in a timely fashion is paramount! Especially if you're paying for that delivery service!

If I'm rearranging my work schedule, corralling pets, etc. to accommodate someone coming to my home or for a delivery, I expect them to be on time OR provide an update if there's an unforeseen delay. If they don't respect MY time that I'm paying them for, I see no reason to give any company my business and hard earned money!
Valued Contributor
As an addendum, a family member recently ordered from Bob's Discount Furniture (national chain & we have a local store). They got text alerts for delivery day & time & that morning of delivery they confirmed AND you could see what stop you were on their route & the anticipated time of delivery. You could also see an interactive map of the drivers on their route (as example it said they were on maple street in xyz city on stop #4) so you could track out your stop! When they were at the stop before hers, she got another text & a call from the driver saying they were next on the list & on their way in xyz minutes! Now THAT IS SERVICE TO A T!!!! It actually makes me consider using them when I'll be ordering furniture in a few months! Great service like that is well worth it!
Valued Contributor

Sounds like bobs delivery has the right idea...customer service.  PBarn needs to do better.  When the second delivery arrived early they said they tried to call but my phone never rang.  I was lucky I was home and not out getting my second covid shot.  And since they were early I did not have a chance to again move the old chair out of the way and just had them leave the new chair in the foyer.  The chair is for Gabi, my schnauzer, and I had to shuffle chairs twice for her.  Needless to say at 72, living alone, and painful shoulders I doubt I buy more furniture.  If everything would go smoothly I would but it never seems to these days.  Still waiting for stamps I ordered on 5/10.  But hey they are supposed to be here today.  Unclear if it is the first set or the reorder.  Well, time for that shot.