Honored Contributor

Welcome dear friends and visitors to the Back Fence for October.

Autumn In The Country - Other & Nature Background Wallpapers on Desktop  Nexus (Image 1869660)

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Valued Contributor
Excellent! I'm ready.Lets walk thru some leaves.
Honored Contributor

hey all

busy day for me.

dh and I got some heavy duty chores done today. Dh took me shopping today to get me out of the house.

nice day here, cool and crisp.

not much else, only 1 walk today.

ok guys later

Honored Contributor

hey all

have hair cut appoint in less than half hour

did get dh off to work, got chores done.

got morn walk in.

drizzling when i got up but finally pushed out of here by 9am.

have morn wash/dried clothes to fold, 

ok guys later.

Honored Contributor

It's been chilly around here and we got some rain yesterday.  It's after the noon hour and we finally hit 50 degrees.  I'm watching the forecast for hopefully a bit warmer weather so I can tackle some caulking of expansion joints, lol.  

Trusted Contributor

my windows are finally in. Well almost.   I have a five pane curved window on front of house.  Four of the panes came in with the required cream wrap on the outside and one came with white. They had to reorder pane but put the white one on so people wouldn't think I had drive through service.   They look really nice and it was cozy in here last night even with ac vents still open.  

next week I'll decide on shades.  The glass in new windows are kinda black glass which are terrific during the day but when you turn light on at night you are there for the world to see. 

the neighbor behind me tore off his faded out siding and replaced it with slate blue with white trim. Very pretty.  

the pit bull next door got loose when one of the kids didn't get her chain attached. Boy she can run. The kid was chasing her  and yelling mom.  I knew I didn't have a chance of catching her.  So I went over and knocked and one of the younger kids answered. I said is your mom home. No they said she's chasing the dog.  I guess she went out the other door.  I said I just wanted to tell her her dog was loose.  I said I hope she catches him. It's a girl they say. Oh well I hope she catches her.   They did.  She seems to be very sweet around her family but she makes me wary when she lunges at me or the workers.  

that's my excitement for the week.  

Honored Contributor

hey all

not much here this evening

catching up on my movies on t.v..

did chores, got both walks in. Had my windows open in the house to air out the house

my hair cut was delightful, enjoyed it, Meghan is a great hair cut lady.

ok guys later

Esteemed Contributor

Re: October 2020 Back Fence

[ Edited ]

This past Sunday I returned from Pigeon Forge with no issues. On Monday, I had  a left eye that was blood red in the white area. The optometrist said that it was likely caused by a hard cough or sneeze, both of which I had done on Sunday night. 

I still subbed 3 days despite being a little tired. Yesterday, when I returned from work I saw some bird seed on the ground under the feeder. Later that evening, I saw some birds using the feeder. It took time but they finally figured out that there was free food available for them.

Temperatures are below normal. It was 37 when I crawled out of bed today. Last  year, the temps were a little above normal with highs in the low 90s when normal is 80s. Yesterday, it was 60 for the high and today a similar high is expected. Definitely time for heat at night.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Betty @yock   congrats on the new window.

Hi @red&curly 

@viva923   I'm glad that you are happy with your new 'do

@KonaKat   Birds can view anything new as suspicious (even pigeons, lol).  I'm glad that birds found your feeder.

Honored Contributor

hello all

not much here, just watching my dvr'ed shows, 

did chores,got walks in, folded clothes, that is all for now. Found a $5 buck end table I needed at a garage sale (outside) neighbors are having a huge sale.

not much else. Later guys