Esteemed Contributor

Up at 5am. I am a morning person, established when I worked full time. I was called to work this afternoon for what the teacher posted as 2 hours. I wasn't going to drive 20 miles one way for 2 hours.

The birds have discovered the feeder and emptied it in two days, so I filled it again yesterday. Small birds are frequenting it so they are dropping the larger pieces. As a result, I am ordering the same brand but feed that doesn't have the larger pieces.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Trusted Contributor

am loving this October weather. Nothing much going on,am having a little pain si I'm taking it easy made lasagna soup already for supper tonight. Friday my daughter will tire 50 yrs old! 🤪 How is this possible 😂. Her and her hubby will be coming over for dinner, I'm making pork tenderloin with plums/plum sauce,it's delicious. Think I'll make apple Betty for dessert. She loves chocolate so I'll also make some chocolate chews for her to take home. There scrumptious,they are chocolate,peanut butter,quick cooking oats. You cook them on the stove top then drop on waxed paper to set,there just so 😋 

hope everyone is being careful . Stay well 😷

Honored Contributor

hey all

not much here today.

did many chores this morn, got both walks in today. Talked with a few neighbors this afternoon, distanced,myself i didn't have a mask today.

sunny but comfortable, in the mid 70's with a nice breeze

ok guys later.

Honored Contributor

@Epicurean   Sending my greetings to your daughter ahead of time Woman Wink

Birthday Cards For Women - Card Design Template

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

I've been enjoying the spooky old movies that are being aired on TV (antenna).  I'm talking the black and white versions of The Canterville Ghost, House on Haunted Hill, Haunting, etc.  I love October for this reason alone Heart

Honored Contributor

hey all

birdmama October is really the only month scary old movies are on t.v.. watched the original Dracula movie last night. I grew up with these scary movies.

not much else today

did chores, took walk, 

I am going to the hemmers this afternoon with 5 pair of slacks to be hemmed. I tried, but got so frustrated i just said to dh they will be done by the hemming people.

ok later guys

Honored Contributor

Re: October 2020 Back Fence

[ Edited ]

@Bird mama wrote:

I've been enjoying the spooky old movies that are being aired on TV (antenna).  I'm talking the black and white versions of The Canterville Ghost, House on Haunted Hill, Haunting, etc.  I love October for this reason alone Heart

@Bird mama   I have been having AMC and SYFY horror shows on as I putter around the house, and I also love October horror shows.  I have a ton of DVDs, so am all set.  Have you ever seen some of the Wrong Turn movies, always wonder what sick mind created these, riveting, and as horrifying as can be.  I watched Wrong Turn 2, which I have seen before, and Wrong Turn 4, both on SYFY.

I watched a movie on AMC yesterday called Last House on the Left, great with great acting.  It is not a horror movie as we have been talking about, but it is horror in one family's life.  I bought the DVD after watching it as I know I will watch it again, even though I was tense while watching it.

I grew up on the old black and white horror movies, the Mummy, The Wolfman, etc., etc., but one of my favorites, though not horrifying, is Abbot and Costello Meet Frankenstein, so funny, lol.

SHOOT, I think a bird just hit my window as I was typing, a big thump on the window, and hopefully if so, it is just stunned.  This rarely happens, but has before.

Respected Contributor

Best time of year!  I like to watch spooky movies,not the slash and bloody ones. House On Haunted Hill is one of my favorites,I love Vincent Price.

Honored Contributor

hello all

MOUSIE, love Abbott/Costello meets Frankenstein loved that movie, when it comes on, I watch it still laugh at it.

not much else tonight.see all tomorrow

Honored Contributor

The weather is pretty today, sunny, light breeze and currently 73 degrees.  My sister has been painting her kitchen cabinets, etc and she took the cabinet doors off to paint them.

You know how that is, getting them off and removing the hinges to clean them up is easy.  Putting them back up and trying to hold the cabinet door while tightening the scr3ws on the hinges is something you need more than 2 hands for - you don't want to scar or scrape your fresh paint.

I think she's gonna work on that this weekend so I made sure that I got my yardwork done today while the weather was nice.  Grass didn't grow much in the 3 weeks since I last mowed.

I'm currently watching this movie on tv

Berserk! - Wikipedia