Honored Contributor

Re: OCTOBER 2015 - Back Fence

Well I have no idea what the heck I did this morning, but I did something that made my lower back hurt.  I didn't jump out of bed, or fall down or pick up anything heavy :-(  I think I inherited my Dad's flaky back.  It's always the base of the back (near the dimples, lol).  I was fine, just puttering around and then owwie.  Of course, the long commute (accidents galore) and sitting at a desk all day didn't do much for it.  If I sit for a spell I look like the tin man when I first get up.  I work the kinks out then have to sit again.  I see a hot bath in my future and a back patch.  I should have thought to pick up a tube of bengay on the way home - that usually feels great, even if I do smell like a wintergreen lozenge :-)

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

I sure hope we hear from Sue!!!!  I think I have her e mail address, but don't want to intrude if something is wrong,,,,

we had a nice time at the cabin, the weather was perfect,and the leaves were just starting to change

it has been nice here in Va. In the 70s' during the day with nice cool nights. I have been busy getting bed linens washed,comforters out,etc. had to have a little work done on the furnice. Some freon put in and coils cleaned,so we got a new digital thermostat installed,wow, I was surprised it cost total about $1100.  I told hubby, "that's it", no more done to this house for a while,YIKES!!!! Sometimes I think we need a condo, but would miss our deck and porch, pluss, it's a great friendly,quiet street. Whenever a house goes up for sale it's gone,fast. We bought this before the sign was even up,LOL!!!!  We kept watching the listings for this street. That was 15 yrs. ago, and the value has about doubled....

what do you all think??  Should I or any one of you get in touch with Sue?????

have a good weekend all. 

Honored Contributor

Epi, I don't have any contacts with the ladies I post with on the forums.  All I can do is give her call outs here, in case she sees it when she signs in.

@Queenofo2

Calling Sue - are you okay?

Epi - I'm glad that you had a great time at the cabin :-)  If you have a contact for Sue, then give it a shot.  If she gets ticked, blame it on me.

Kind of makes me want to share my email address.

Trusted Contributor

Birdmama,I'll send her a message and blame you,LOL!!!!

Hope your back is better if not use Bio Freeze, works great,over the counter cream. I have a "junk" e mail address that I give to people till I get to know them....great for on line friends. 

Honored Contributor

@Epicurean

I slapped one of those disgusting back patches on last night after I took a hot bath.  Like gluing a jellyfish or leech - ewww.  It took about 30 minutes to warm up, by then I was in bed.  I was walking upright today :-)

Trusted Contributor

Just e mailed a note to Sue.  Will keep you all informed if I hear anything.

FYI my junk e mail is Epicurean24@yahoo.com. If anyone uses it put your board name in so I know to open it,...

Honored Contributor

@Epicurean

I just sent you an email, lol.

Respected Contributor

I too will email Sue as several of us have been in contact with each other for many years. Do not know right now of her status but has had lingering health concerns throughout - like many of us she has her ups and downs. Will let you know when I hear from her. She is such a dear!!

Honored Contributor

@Winifred

Freddie, do you keep in contact with Epi?

Epi and I have each other's email address.  Not forcing you or anything.  If you wanted my email address, Epi or I can give it to you.

Honored Contributor

Wouldn't you know, the weekend we go off of daylight savings time and I wake up at 5:45 no alarm needed, lol.

It's been a lazy kind of day.  I did some wash, well actually the machines are doing it.  I spent some time yammering with my eldest sister on the phone.  I upgraded my semi-smart phone from Android Kitkat operating system to Android Lollipop (free, so why not).

Hmm... what else is going on?  It's started to spit outside - not quite a drizzle or rain.

That's all I got.

@Queenofo2

Paging Sue, are you okay?