Respected Contributor

Am really tired and will crash shortly but wanted to get this started. I know everyone is so great by stepping in but figured it was time I paid my dues.

Celebrated my great great Anthony's 3rd Birthday. He refused to go in the Spiderman Jumper. Geesh.

Maybe tomorrow if they still have it. 

Hope all had a great October and that tomorrow will start another great month for one and all.

Honored Contributor

Re: November 2020 Back Fence

Good Morning Freddie @Winifred.  Thanks for shoring up the Back Fence for this month.  Wow, I can't believe Anthony is 3 already - time waits for no one Woman Surprised

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

hello all

am here.

raining cats/dogs again. cold again. furnace ran off/on all night UGH ALL I SEE IS $$$$$$$$$ heating this house. we pay ultra top dollar for propane I do mean ultra high. we are not allowed to purchase from anyone else,just from 1 dealer .

not much else,later guys.

Honored Contributor

hey all

rain ended about 2-3 pm, was able to get my walk in. 

Not much else. Just watching my dvr'ed shows. Ok guys later

Honored Contributor

I don't flip my clocks forward or backward until I am up moving around on that Sunday of the change.  I started doing that a couple of years before I retired.  I think flipping the clock forward (less so backward) causes a psychological thing where a person feels cheated from sleep. 

If the government, society or whatever feels they can change time at 2 am, why can't I change time once I had a cup or two of coffee Woman Tongue

I was up early as it was and even earlier if you factor in the hour backwards.  It was blindingly and brilliantly sunny for about 90 minutes this morning, then clouds, winds, snowflakes and a touch of hail blew through.  Actually the 30 - 50 MPH winds have been at it all day.

We're going to have several days in a row that will be in the 60's with no rain whatsoever starting on Tuesday so I will probably be working on the leaves at least 2 of those days.  These winds were having all day should pretty much strip the leaves off the trees around me so it's looking like I will only have to work at it this coming week and I'll be done.

So glad I'm going to get an Indian Summer after all.

Trusted Contributor

Freddie, Anthony can't be three already.  Wow. He's not going to be shy about letting you know what he wants to do   Fun age tho.  

we had snow today. It didn't stick but was really wet. Now we can have Indian summer and I'm ready.  I got hoses unhooked from faucets but I need help getting the reel in the shed.  

had all saints day at church today so joe and I went. Hardly anyone there.  One of the newer widows was anxious to talk to me about a grief group and I missed some people I wanted to greet.  She was so sincere and had her hand on my arm so I couldn't move.   I don't think I want To go  that route at least not now.  

it was a nice service but I'm not ready to go back again til we are more comfortable regarding the corona virus. Some how sitting at the end of the pew with no one In Between until the other end iof the pew just doesn't feel right to me.  

we can watch from home but I wanted to be there when we honored those who have passed. Quite a large group this year.  

my neighbor mowed my yard yesterday and then that wind came up and all  our piles of leaves we had at curb blew back. The best looking lawn is my neighbors on the side of me who was the only one that didn't mow and rake up. Our grass was low enough that all his leaves went chasing merrily into the rest of our yards.  Hmmm.    I'll pop out tomorrow and pick up all the twigs.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

You are right Betty. The experts say by Thursday it will be 93 and then it will freeze. Not ready for that at all but this is Sou Cal. What can I say.

Yep that little boy is something else. Hard for me to believe he is the youngest. Leah is now 5 and Ricky is 6 and will be 7 in February. Not telling you my age.

Respected Contributor

Went to eye doctor this morning and all is fine.Need to make appointments with 2 other doctors for December. Sometimes I would not have a social life if not for medical appointments.LOL

Sunny and cool today and this week-end will get to low 70's.Sounds good to me!

Have a good week all and take care.

Honored Contributor

hey all

busy day here.

woke up to howling winds and 38 degrees, sun was shining., winds still blowing hard. but sun kind of warmed it up some. had to dress like a polar bear for my morn walk this afternoon earth/air was warmer so didn't have to dress with so many layers.

ok guys, later.

Honored Contributor

Good Morning Woman Happy

I glanced out of the kitchen window right before bedtime on Sunday and my backyard was covered in snow.  The 5 year old in me smiled when I saw it.

Yesterday I went over to Mendards and bought 3 solar lights for the graves (two dogs at pet cemetery and one for my bird cemetery in my backyard). 

When I got home, since I was already in a hat and coat I grabbed the rake and gathered up the piles of leaves that formed in the front yard and along the house.  I got 6 lawn bags stuffed.

I figured since the garbage folks were coming today I might as well make a dent in some of the leaves out front.  I need to buy (3) 5-packs of bags this week because it will be warm enough for me to use the mower to mulch and then vacuum up the leaves in the backyard.

I have a gas fireplace that I haven't used since 2002 Woman Surprised and I use a thing called 'fireplace plug' to keep the draft out of my family room which tends to run cooler since it's built on a slab.  A few times a year, I change out the damp rid containers that I tuck in there to make sure nothing gets damp or musty smelling.  I picked up the fresh damp rids while I was at Menards and also swapped in the fresh ones for the other ones.

It's gonna be beautiful and in the 60's this week.  My goals for this week will be visit the pet cemetery and put out the winter solar lights.  Then I want to get up all of the leaves.  Later in the week, possibly the weekend when it's really nice, I am gonna get out there and string up the Christmas lights along the garage and front porch.

The last two years I didn't use my brain and ended up freezing getting those light strands up.  This year I am not gonna mess up.