Trusted Contributor

Re: November 2020 Back Fence

November already! Where did this year go? Today I finally went and got a really needed haircut,I missed two appointments so it was in bad shape. My back already feels a little better since getting a new mattress. I don't even care if it's mind over matter,as long as I feel better🤣

hope everyone was able to vote. 
im wondering what Ishould do about thanksgiving. My DD and SIL always come here,sometimes my son and family. Also usually my SIL's son and fiancé. Maybe I'll wait a while and see what anyone says. I don't mind cooking,just fretting about getting together W/this virus. We all wear masks and don't go anywhere,so I think it will be alright with just a few of us. Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday 

Honored Contributor

hey all

just forgot to post earlier.

not much new here today. Did chores, did walks,did wash/folded. That was it.

ok guys later.

Honored Contributor

hey all

not much today,

winds shifted out of the south,really warmed up. Had to put away my winter walk jacket a pull back out my fall jacket.

really sunny and quite warm today.

not much else. Later guys

Trusted Contributor

yesterday was so lovely  and warm. I washed a few windows.  I had to devise a mop to use at the top of one of them since I promised not to get on a ladder. Today it is cloudy but very nice and warm  I’ll be able to see if I left any wipe marks.  With the leaves falling and everybody blowing and raking, the dust settles on the glass.  Got word that my shades can be installed Monday.  I called the window place and they said window isn’t in yet but he said they could work around the shades.  He said they would take it down and rehang it.   Hope that will be soon. 

nothing new here.  

Honored Contributor

It was a bit windy yesterday however Indian Summer is here in SE Michigan.  I putzed around the house and went grocery shopping.  Today I'm going to the pet cemetery to put in the 2 solar lights and then I'll fire up the lawnmower and start working on the back yard. 

My backyard trees have shed their leaves so barring any fly bys from neighbors, I should only have to do the backyard once.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

hey all

our warm up is begin today. 69 today in the 70's for next several days. will take it. had to put on lighter weight slacks.

not much else, did chores, did vacuuming,did walk,folding clothes is next, later guys

Trusted Contributor

thought I'd update you all on Colleen. Since I last posted she has had a tracheotomy and on a respirator. The Drs says she is doing good,and should recover from her surgery. When she was admitted they found out she was diabetic. She has not gone to a Dr in years. She had breast cancer a long time ago and Because  she was worried about having cancer again.. they concerned about her mental status,of course she's depressed,all heart pts. and icu pts. get confused and depressed. This is going to be way longer than I thought. Hopefully they will get her tracheostomy out this week and the respirator gone so they can move her out of icu. So far she has only stood by the bed a few minutes at a time. What a long road this poor woman has ahead of her.

thank you all for your prayers and good thoughts 💓

Honored Contributor

hey guys

not much happening here

did afternoon walk

ran into neighbor on way out of development on my walk. We chatted 2 min's if that she left and i walked home. Not much else, later guys

Respected Contributor

Betty, I am so impressed you are still staying off the ladder. Good for you! I made the same vow to myself - bugs me but my balance is shot and I just cannot do what I once did.

Been nice here all week but by evening they say the weather temps will start dropping. Hopefully not a huge drop. Sure love early morning getting lighter  sooner than a week ago. Yes indeed.

Hope all have a great day and the same for the weekend.

Honored Contributor

It wasn't as warm as they said it would be yesterday so I only did the cemetery visit.  Today I spent 3 hours in the back yard working the leaves.  My lower back is a little stiff from emptying the lawn mower bag and I have 9 of those paper lawn refuse bags stuffed to the gills.  Oh Lord, I still have to do the front yard this weekend Woman Surprised  Since it's gonna be nice this weekend (70's) I think I might give my back a break tomorrow and clear the gutters and put up the Christmas lights then do the front yard on Sunday.

I think me and Ben Gay are gonna be talking later Woman Wink

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise