Respected Contributor

The neighbor on my west side has 2 American Bully dogs (maybe 3) and a yorkie.  The bullys got out somehow and took off up the street and attacked my neighbor lady 2 houses east of me.  She was out at the mailbox when they attacked her.  She was screaming bloody murder and our neighbor in between ran out to help and the dogs got him too.  Animal Control was called and the dogs were taken away.  One of the dogs in the mother of two of their puppies who are almost a year old.  There's going to be HeLL to pay real soon.

Honored Contributor

Re: Neighbor's Dogs Got Loose

I hate it when dogs aren't kept inside and socialized.

I hope those people are ok.  I'll keep them in my prayers.

Respected Contributor

@Scooby Doo   I do not understand why people want to own vicious dogs. Please do not tell me these animals are not vicious. Don't care who is at fault. These dogs need to b put down. And the owners should never be allowed to have dogs again. I hope your neighbors are okay. 

Honored Contributor

Another reason why I don't take walks through the neighborhood. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Esteemed Contributor

Oh that is terrible. I hope that the man and woman who were attacked are ok. 

Esteemed Contributor

@gidgetgh  This is what happened to me ... I was walking up my block when a neighbor on his porch told me to hurry up and get into his house ... he said "don't look back, just hurry up!"   I just barely made it up his stairs and through the door when a pit bull came charging at me.

He called animal control, who got there and captured the American bulldog before it got away.

Respected Contributor

I feel sorry for the poor Yorkie your neighbors own.  It is just a matter of time before that tiny dog will become a victim of the "bullys".  Sure hope your neighbors aren't injured too badly.

I was bitten by a neighbor's dog once, went to ER for stitches and tetenus shot and when I came back home, the dog charged me again.  Fortunately, this time he was chained to his outside dog house and couldn't reach me.  I remember being standing frozen, I couldn't move from fear.  This was a house dog loved by its owners, normally friendly, but for some reason would go into "rages".  It was eptiletic so that may have something to do with the rages.

Esteemed Contributor

😯 Bless her heart! I cannot imagine the terror, and pain she and the Good Samaritan experienced. I am sending healing prayers for them, and hope their injuries are only minor. My thoughts are also about those poor puppies that will most likely be motherless while this is sorted out🤨. 

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

@SoX wrote:

@gidgetgh  This is what happened to me ... I was walking up my block when a neighbor on his porch told me to hurry up and get into his house ... he said "don't look back, just hurry up!"   I just barely made it up his stairs and through the door when a pit bull came charging at me.

He called animal control, who got there and captured the American bulldog before it got away.

@SoX - absolutely terrifying. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

I really want people to know that every dog can be trained to charge and attack.

Pit bulls are very loyal and want to please their owners. So if they have a bad owner ,like any other dog they will try to follow and even more if they are beaten and abused.

German shepherds, labs, even little dogs can hurt.

I felt like you all when my son said he was getting a pit bull! I thought why? And I too was afraid of them form all the bad reputation.

But he was the sweetest most loving dog you ever would meet and everyone, strangers and all said so too. He was so happy to see everyone and he would play to match the animal. With our cat he would just sway back and forth. 

Then he became scared of the cat! 

She was so mean but he just would look up at grandma (me) and wait for me to go with him to pass her.

I had to pull a little dog off his neck outside that wouldn't let go but still he did not retaliate.

The other 2 pitbulls he got became a family of his 3 "children.

Everyone in my family said we all were so fortunate to have had the best dogs in the world. Losing especially the oldest one was the hardest thing any of us have gone through, even harder than losing my father, their grandfather.

So please don't become predjudice.

I could think the owners should be put down who treat any animal without the utmost respect and love!

I don't consider them human anymore.

And yes, people should stop leaving any dog outside by themselves and never allow them to run out for their own protection and anyones.

I hope the people are okay too.

I was attacked by a german shepherd. It took me a year going to an orthopaedist and surgery to get over that. His owner was renting a house in the same lot and we found out that this dog had previously guarded his storage building in a bad neighborhood. And the owner of the house was not supposed to rent.

It took me awhile not to be afraid of german shepherds because of this one dog. They used to be one of my favorites when growing upHeart because of Rin Tin Tin.

Anyway, you see? It can happen with any dog and any owner.

I wish you could have met ours. You would have fallen in love too and really understood how incredible these dogs can be and how loving!

Can I get an Amen all pitty lovers out there?!HeartI will say it! Amen!

and thank you my loving granddogs now in heaven.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"