Honored Contributor

Re: Neighbor's Dogs Got Loose

@on the bay 

Amen!Heart

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

I really want people to know that every dog can be trained to charge and attack.

Pit bulls are very loyal and want to please their owners. So if they have a bad owner ,like any other dog they will try to follow and even more if they are beaten and abused.

German shepherds, labs, even little dogs can hurt.

I felt like you all when my son said he was getting a pit bull! I thought why? And I too was afraid of them form all the bad reputation.

But he was the sweetest most loving dog you ever would meet and everyone, strangers and all said so too. He was so happy to see everyone and he would play to match the animal. With our cat he would just sway back and forth. 

Then he became scared of the cat! 

She was so mean but he just would look up at grandma (me) and wait for me to go with him to pass her.

I had to pull a little dog off his neck outside that wouldn't let go but still he did not retaliate.

The other 2 pitbulls he got became a family of his 3 "children.

Everyone in my family said we all were so fortunate to have had the best dogs in the world. Losing especially the oldest one was the hardest thing any of us have gone through, even harder than losing my father, their grandfather.

So please don't become predjudice.

I could think the owners should be put down who treat any animal without the utmost respect and love!

I don't consider them human anymore.

And yes, people should stop leaving any dog outside by themselves and never allow them to run out for their own protection and anyones.

I hope the people are okay too.

I was attacked by a german shepherd. It took me a year going to an orthopaedist and surgery to get over that. His owner was renting a house in the same lot and we found out that this dog had previously guarded his storage building in a bad neighborhood. And the owner of the house was not supposed to rent.

It took me awhile not to be afraid of german shepherds because of this one dog. They used to be one of my favorites when growing upHeart because of Rin Tin Tin.

Anyway, you see? It can happen with any dog and any owner.

I wish you could have met ours. You would have fallen in love too and really understood how incredible these dogs can be and how loving!

Can I get an Amen all pitty lovers out there?!HeartI will say it! Amen!

and thank you my loving granddogs now in heaven.

@on the bay AMEN!!!!!Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SandySparkles wrote:

😯 Bless her heart! I cannot imagine the terror, and pain she and the Good Samaritan experienced. I am sending healing prayers for them, and hope their injuries are only minor. My thoughts are also about those poor puppies that will most likely be motherless while this is sorted out🤨. 

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

@SandySparkles Beautiful post.

She is posting about 1 year olds.  Apparently, they haven't been loved and properly trained.

I hope they get the owner.  It started there.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've had three.  Two passed and the vet cried they were so sweet and loving.

@AmericanBulldogMom want to share about my nephpup?Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

An old saying no bad dogs only bad owners which I totally agree with.

Respected Contributor

I highly doubt those dogs have been mistreated or taught to fight.  The owner is very attached to the mother dog.  I've seen him walking her on a leash and she is pulling and trying to run.  Hard to handle.  Her babies are about a year old.  

The front storm door on their house has been broken for about 2 years and it won't close by itself and stay closed.  Apparently the dogs pushed on the door, it opened and they ran out.  I see him over there fixing the door and putting a new handle on it.  Should have done that 2 years ago.  They keep the dogs indoors, that's why I don't know if they have 2 or 3 bullys. Regardless, I doubt he knows how much this is going to cost him.  City ordinance says we can have only 2 dogs per property.  They have 4 plus a cat.  He is facing citations for having too many animals, no vacinations or licenses, and having dangerous animals running loose.  He has to pay their board and keep while they are in quarantine.  Then there's the neighbor's medical bills.  

These brothers who live there are from Mexico City and don't understand ordinances and city rules.  They think they're picked on when they get reported for infraction.  Unfortunately, this will cost them plenty.

Respected Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@SandySparkles wrote:

😯 Bless her heart! I cannot imagine the terror, and pain she and the Good Samaritan experienced. I am sending healing prayers for them, and hope their injuries are only minor. My thoughts are also about those poor puppies that will most likely be motherless while this is sorted out🤨. 

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

@SandySparkles Beautiful post.

She is posting about 1 year olds.  Apparently, they haven't been loved and properly trained.

I hope they get the owner.  It started there.

The dogs are loved and spoiled by two men and 3 teenage boys, but they are not trained.  They are hard to handle.  Even their little yorkie is a wild thing that can't be handled.  

Honored Contributor

There are bad and mean people, dogs, cats, cattle, lions and all living beings.  Not all of us are good and kind and loving.  We had mean bulls, and gentle ones that kids could play around and sit on.   If one showed mean tendencies, he got sold.  My dad wouldn't put up with it.

There are also breed tendencies that take generations to overcome.  Sheep dogs herd sheep.  It would be almost impossible to train most dogs to do that.  You can't take for granted that any animal won't harm you.  You have to respect them and be aware of their moods. 

The smart thing to do is to look without prejudice at animals and people.  Just understand that whether you are a dog or a cat or a certain religion, gender or whatever, you are an individual and you are who you are. 

Respected Contributor

Nothing upsets me more than reading your post and others that are similar. I don’t know why people are so stupid.

Honored Contributor

@Scooby Doo Quite odd that they are loved and spoiled with this behavior.   Smiley Sad