Respected Contributor

Re: Need Some Guidance

[ Edited ]

@occasionalrain wrote:

Not everyone over 45 is stodgy. Some still want drama, excitement, mystery...

I assume your comment is directed at me since you mentioned two words that I used in my post -- "45" and "drama".

I never said or even implied that everyone over 45 is stodgy. I said, hopefully, by the time someone reaches that age, they have matured, know what they're looking for, and don't have to play games. That is not the same as stodgy.

By "drama", I meant emotional conflict. That is very different from excitement.

Honored Contributor

Sometimes what seems game playing is just misunderstanding. The OP is giving this man mixed signals. I don't think he knows what she wants. We can't know what sort he is and it's unfair to label him a user when there is more than one reason for his behavior.

Both may be reluctant to jeopardize their friendship by making it known they want more. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

As John Gray says in Mars & Venus on a Date, you need to be in the same place in the relationship.

OP is in the Exclusivity Stage and Separated Guy is clearly not since he went to Florida and didn't even mention it in all of their extensive emails, long phone calls and texts.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Super Contributor
I agree with Occasionalrain and Chrystaltree......Who knows, maybe you didn't get the text or email where he explains about going to Sarasota. Sometimes they don't go through. I've missed a few important messages that way due to glitches. 😩. When he comes back, just ask him about it. You're friends and it's perfectly okay to ask a friend about his trip. Good luck. Let us know how it goes.
Respected Contributor

So what happened?  

Respected Contributor

I haven't ready all the responses, so excuse me if I am repeating someone.  My first question is Why are you even having a relationship with a married man? He is not divorced yet, he may never divorce. You don't know. All the flirting, texting,etc. should not be happening, At all.  You are getting involved in a situation that is between a wife and a husband, not to mention the kids.  You should have no part in it.  When and if he recieves his divorce, that is the time to start a relationship. Not with a married man. You are just looking to have your heart broken.

Respected Contributor

There would of been no ENJOY response from me lol..I would of said "nice room, great weather..I didn't know you were heading to Sarasota..I would of went.." and did a LOL..put him back on the spot.

I would also not play around with 'flirty' this and that ..text - phone calls. I know people like that stuff but I want to know where I stand. Some don't like labels and definitions.

Being separated ..iffy one as who knows as is he going to jump from the fire back to a frying pan so soon?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Ladygray  He didn't owe you an explanation.  He's still married.

"Working out details" with his estranged wife can mean more than one thing.

Your expectations are nothing more than premeditated disappointments.

Move on.  Nothing to see here.

jmoymmv

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@Ladygray...so how are things with your freind?

Honored Contributor

I didn't read the entire thread but I can tell you my gut reaction to the cryptic message.  He sent that message to you accidentally.  I sure could be wrong but whenever I've gotten a message like that the sender meant to send it to someone else....

Just speculation.

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*