Trusted Contributor

Thank you!

Honored Contributor

@Justice4all wrote:

@Allthingsgirly67

Are you a teacher?  Is he?

@Allthingsgirly67  Please don't answer this or give anymore private information about yourself.  Your situation is too important for anyone to have any idea who you are.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

Re: Need Advice/ Huge Rant

[ Edited ]

@Nicknack wrote:

@Justice4all wrote:

@Allthingsgirly67

@Allthingsgirly67  Please don't answer this or give anymore private information about yourself.  Your situation is too important for anyone to have any idea who you are.

My question had only to do with the amount of autonomy and salary a teacher would  have over, let's say, a paraprofessional.  The benefits of the NYC school system are numerous.  Many teachers etc. can offer emotional and moral support.

Honored Contributor

@Justice4all wrote:

@Nicknack wrote:

@Justice4all wrote:

@Allthingsgirly67

My question had only to do with the amount of autonomy and salary a teacher would  have over, let's say, a paraprofessional.  The benefits of the NYC school system are numerous.  Many teachers etc. can offer emotional and moral support.

I know you didn'tmean anthing by your question @Justice4all.  I'm just worried for her and want her to be able to get everything settled with a lawyer before anyone finds out.  I know the chances of figuring it out on this board is slim, but there is a possibility that someone here knows her.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

Re: Need Advice/ Huge Rant

[ Edited ]

@Allthingsgirly67you should edit the district you work for. Hopefully, no one  quotes it or edits their post.

Honored Contributor

I don't get the hassled at work part? How/why are you getting hassled? You need to focus on keeping your job and doing it well and not making waves there since it is the only thing that seems to be keeping you and your family afloat. If you think all that you are going through is hard, imagine doing so without the means to get out of it and that is what will happen if you also lose your job. 

There are too many holes in the story for me to comment on further. I think there is alot of vital information being left out. 

Honored Contributor

I will add to what @missy1 said....DO NOT TELL ANYONE, and when you are ready to leave, again DON"T TELL....of course I do not know your husband but he could be very angry and there could be a confrontration if you try to leave and take the children while he is home.....do everything as quietly as possible.  Good luck to you

Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

I will add to what @missy1 said....DO NOT TELL ANYONE, and when you are ready to leave, again DON"T TELL....of course I do not know your husband but he could be very angry and there could be a confrontration if you try to leave and take the children while he is home.....do everything as quietly as possible.  Good luck to you

I am pretty sure you can't legally just take the children though and not tell the other parent. I would think he could call the police and say she has kidnapped the kids and she could get arrested. 

Honored Contributor

@Allthingsgirly67 wrote:

I don't really know where to start. My husband is from another country (he is Americanized now) when we met I encouraged him to go college. We got married and had a child. He took ten years to finish his bachelors. By then we had another child and after my first was less than a month old I hustled to finish my masters which I did in a year and a half.

Since we had the second child we were desperate to have help for the baby my MIL moved into a 2 bedroom coop. She is illiterate in her own language and she is a hoarder of clothes. I find her reprehensible, she barely speaks the language, is always looking for a ride And we were paying her a small amount even though she worked on the weekends.

My main problem is that we finally bought a house in August. Since then there has been nothing but friction. I was in the hospital for 5 days and two weeks I finally exploded. He went off on my brother who rents the upstairs. When I was home recuperating she sat everyday on the couch, she has a tv in her room. I was relegated to my bedroom even when I am home sick.

She does not pay or contribute to the household. Since that fight I moved my paycheck to a new account. He gives me 100 dollars a week with a nasty comment and questions where the money goes. I have always outearned him and he is on my health insurance. My MIL for example went to my sons Confirmation gave him nothing but ate out with us.

She has never picked up a tab or left a tip. She really is a third child.I cant live with someone like her. She doesnt even try to make dinner for us. My husband makes excuses. I hate them both and think divorce is the only way to. BTW I am getting hassled at work and it is all I can do to go on. Feel free to chime in.

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

@Allthingsgirly67, honey life is too short to go thru it miserable. You need out, you don't owe these ppl one blessed thing.

You owe yourself sanity.

I'd be talking to a divorce lawyer. Yesteray. You deserve better.