Super Contributor

Demand for vaccinations has been steadily dropping over the last month. Reluctant vaxxers are not going to be convinced to get their shots if they have to continue to wear a mask anyway. 

Honored Contributor

@PreKteacher wrote:

Demand for vaccinations has been steadily dropping over the last month. Reluctant vaxxers are not going to be convinced to get their shots if they have to continue to wear a mask anyway. 

On the other hand, @PreKteacher, they won't get one because they won't feel compelled to do so if they don't have to wear a mask anyway.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@PreKteacher wrote:

On the other hand, @PreKteacher, they won't get one because they won't feel compelled to do so if they don't have to wear a mask anyway.

So now we have got to the point that those who do not follow what SOME feel should be required need to be punished.  Kind of like wearing that scarlet letter....things never change.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Respected Contributor

@minimalistWF wrote:

@Meowingkitty 

Why would someone wear a mask into the store and then take it off?!?  Wow people are dumb.

Probably the same people that do that on the planes.

Esteemed Contributor

Perhaps this is just a sneaky way to encourage nonvaccs to get out there and mingle.  Work on getting immunity the old fashioned way, like chickenpox parties.

Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@PreKteacher wrote:

@suzyQ3  @PreKteacher 

Really, I have no belief that ‘reluctant vaxxers’ will be convinced 

to get vaccinated for any reason.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Super Contributor

@Drythe 

The reluctant or anti-vaxxers will definitely not be convinced.  The new mask rules just give these people what they want, while punishing the rest of us that have had common sense all along, while following the most basic of rules, just wearing a mask.  It is such an easy thing to wear a mask.

Trusted Contributor

@Shanus  I do not agree with the CDC position on this and Gov Cooper s decision. The same day this was announced there were 1500 new cases of covid 19 diagnosed in NC  in the previous  24 hours. Yes it may be on the decline but we are not out of the woods yet. And I received the vaccine but it is does not cover you 100 percent. I will continue to wear my mask.  I will never get passed Faucci initially telling everyone' do not wear a mask it is not needed". I wonder if he  regrets misleading our country.   I am with you on the gas. LOL. Strange timing on all of this. Gas shortage 2 weeks beore a holiday, mask requirements dropped. 

Honored Contributor

Re: NC GOV. : NO MASKS

[ Edited ]

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@PreKteacher wrote:

So now we have got to the point that those who do not follow what SOME feel should be required need to be punished.  Kind of like wearing that scarlet letter....things never change.

The "scarlet letter" was not "awarded" for spreading a virus that has killed close to 600,000 Americans.

If we're expected to rely on "trust" and "truth", we might as well hold on to those masks for the next surge.

Honored Contributor

Re: NC GOV. : NO MASKS

[ Edited ]

@morganjen wrote:

I'm just thankful our gym hasn't required masks for working out since last June when they reopened.

It must be hard to work out with a mask.

Still I am so glad I am not one of the people who feel they must go to a gym and especially not one that doesn't require masks.!

Jeez-the bodies the sweat, the breaths-what a goal mine for a virus to spread.

This really makes me think that so many people really really do not believe in the horror kind of death that covd provides or they are just playing Russian Roulette.

One poster called this just being "theatre."Another, "a mask puppet show with an 'lol'"!

That is a slap in the grave to the almost 600,000 dead, including children, including young with no pre-existing conditions! from covd, not to mention those worldwide.

I wish people would stop repeating these kind of inflammatory untruths.

Also I have never read anywhere that a certain segment is more prone to side effects because of immune defiiciency or any other thing.

I have family members that have so many illnesses who got their second vaccine and did fine though were initially afraid and reluctant and distrustful of the vaccine but got it after seeing others get it safely. Where do they find the info that some are more vulnerable to side effects? I can't find this anywhere.

My 98 year old mother on about 20 medications only felt " a little tired" after her second pfizer shot.

If she can do it and so many others, please don't keep using as an excuse that you can't get the vaccine.

What an insane crazy world.. 

We might as well separate from one nation into another because never the twain shall meet. A brick wall.

I wonder too about grandparents that say, oh we could only see our grandkids in the driveway. We brought them a treat. We ONLY go in grocery stores.

Grocery stores are a lot more chance of getting something from lots and lots of strangers esp if not wearing masks, then meeting your grandkids with masks outside and playing with them.

Ok, done. REally no point in replying anyone. Like I said, we all have our opinions rocked in stone-some just from common sense and results so far and others, well, others i don't know what the heck.

And if for no other reason-wear a mask for the sake of the children under 12-your children, your grandchildren or those of others (if you don't have any).

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"