Respected Contributor

Re: NC GOV. : NO MASKS

[ Edited ]

@Shanus 

Now that there is a no mask ruling in NC, are the schools  open?

Trusted Contributor

I'm just thankful our gym hasn't required masks for working out since last June when they reopened.

Originally joined board 12-14-2004
Esteemed Contributor

I went to Kohl's today and they still require a mask. Some people had one on and others took them off soon after they got inside the store. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: NC GOV. : NO MASKS

[ Edited ]

@Miss Pepsi wrote:

I think this will change when the numbers go back up which I think they will. 

More people have not been vaccinated than have been.  Remember that when you go out and see how many are maskless.  I am betting most will be.

I too have been vaccinated and if anyone wanted to see proof, I have no problems showing it as I am proud of the fact that I did the responsible thing.

Why would the numbers go up? Arizona, Florida, Texas have been open for months and the numbers are better now than they have ever been. And yes, I am going to be doing almost all of my shopping at stores that do not require a mask. Walmart stopped a few weeks ago and I have been shopping there. Trust me, all the stores will be eliminating the mask requirements when they see other stores doing it. If people want to wear a face diaper when it's 110 degrees outside. Go for it.

Honored Contributor

@spent2much wrote:

@Meowingkitty  Does anyone know how they are going to determine whether a person has been vaccinated???

@spent2much   We went out for dinner last night. No masks to enter or be seated. The tables were no longer socially distanced and almost 75% of the folks eating were older/grey hair...most likely vaccininated. Other than a good guess, I have no idea how to tell.

Respected Contributor

@busymom22 wrote:

@spent2much wrote:

@Meowingkitty  Does anyone know how they are going to determine whether a person has been vaccinated???

Truth is this means everyone will go maskless but no one will really know who is vaccinated.  Half of the population still isn't .  I first learned of Walmart's decision from an acquaintance on FB who is vehemently anti-vaxx.  She said she can't wait to roam the aisles mask-free.

I have been vaccinated,  but I have no intention of going mask free yet.

Esteemed Contributor

I work and live in NYC and will continue to wear my mask.  My company has not even addressed returning to the office either.  We have had employees get COVID mutltiple times already and are fully vaccinated.

With all these variants known and unknown how can anyone be sure.

Honored Contributor

@Meowingkitty wrote:

@Miss Pepsi wrote:

I think this will change when the numbers go back up which I think they will. 

More people have not been vaccinated than have been.  Remember that when you go out and see how many are maskless.  I am betting most will be.

I too have been vaccinated and if anyone wanted to see proof, I have no problems showing it as I am proud of the fact that I did the responsible thing.

Why would the numbers go up? Arizona, Florida, Texas have been open for months and the numbers are better now than they have ever been. And yes, I am going to be doing almost all of my shopping at stores that do not require a mask. Walmart stopped a few weeks ago and I have been shopping there. Trust me, all the stores will be eliminating the mask requirements when they see other stores doing it. If people want to wear a face diaper when it's 110 degrees outside. Go for it.

@Meowingkitty My thinking on this is that the numbers of flu of any kind go down in the spring.  I think everyone who is analyzing this situation for us believed this would happen and was in line to pat themselves on the back and take credit for the decrease, and tout vaccinations as the answer.

I am taking a wait and see attitude and for me?  I fully expect another outbreat in the fall--which is when flu season begins, and a spike after the holidays.  

And more rules and more blame on people for spreading it from the govt. 

Super Contributor

@Meowingkitty 

Why would someone wear a mask into the store and then take it off?!?  Wow people are dumb.

Trusted Contributor

@minimalistWF wrote:

@Meowingkitty 

Why would someone wear a mask into the store and then take it off?!?  Wow people are dumb.

@minimalistWF Woman LOLWoman LOLWoman LOL