Respected Contributor

Re: My disability is decorating! Help.

Even if you use an online service, they will still ask you what colors and styles you gravitate towards. Also, since room lighting can affect the picture (as well as differences in computer screen settings if do this digitally), it would help if you could tell them if your rug and furniture are in the tint, tone, shade or hue family. 

Esteemed Contributor

Just buy what you like and what you think looks nice. No need to pay someone to tell you what to put in your own bedroom.

Esteemed Contributor

@CVN1993 If all you are looking for is advice on curtains and a bedspread, I don't know that you need a decorator.  Maybe post pictures of your rug and furniture in the Home section, I am sure you will get plenty of opinions.  Honestly, I don't match my curtains and bedspread to my furniture, and with regards to the rug, just make sure things don't clash.

My window treatments are a light color that matches the wall color, because I don't like the room to look busier than it needs to be.

How unique is your rug?

Honored Contributor

@Daisy Sunflower wrote:

Just buy what you like and what you think looks nice. No need to pay someone to tell you what to put in your own bedroom.

@Daisy Sunflower I have the same problem as the OP yet I agree with you. We live a simple lifestyle so my home is organized with things we like. It's not awful but could use a decorators touch.

Honored Contributor

Since you are anonymous, please post a few photos!

Lots of talented posters here!

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CVN1993 wrote:

I need a decorating service where I can I send them a picture of my room and someone will tell me what curtains and bedspread to buy so it goes with the rug and the other furniture.  

Any names?????  Suggestions???  Recommendations????  

@CVN1993 If you post a few pictures, plenty of us will help you out. We need a close up of the rug. The type of bed you have and the height and width  of the windows.