Esteemed Contributor

I’ve written about my knee replacement surgery, my mother’s broken hip, and my husband’s Alzheimer’s diagnosis. Well, it turns out there was more to come. I now have c-diff, likely acquired because knee replacement requires IV antibiotic which can lead to c-diff. I feel awful and I am contagious, which means I will miss my family’s big birthday bash for my husband’s 75th. We can’t postpone it because of non-refundable airfare and people’s schedules. I’ll be contagious for up to two weeks. I just hope the meds work.

Respected Contributor

Sorry you are not well. Important to rest and feel better! 

Esteemed Contributor

Sorry for your health issues.....hopefully you will see the light at the end of the tunnel soon....sometimes these things seem to never end......hang tough...

Esteemed Contributor

@Vivian please take a good probiotic while on the antibiotics ( if ok with your doctor).  Take care.

Honored Contributor

@Vivian I'm going to ask a dumb question. What is c-diff? I'm sorry to hear you're not feeling well. 🙏🏼🙏🏼 for you and your husband.

Honored Contributor

Re: More stress

[ Edited ]

I don't know what it is either, so I'm going to look under WebMD.

C. difficile is a bacteria that causes a colon infection.    

@OKPrincess

@Vivian,  Vivian, hope you're better soon, we'll be thinking of you.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Vivian Wow,as if any one of those weren't enough!  That really stinks. Hopefully,when you start feeling stronger and healthier things will look better.  Trite words,I know. But true. Good thoughts from me to you.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

@Vivian. What rotten luck you've had!  It's a shame you'll have to miss the birthday festivities and visits with out of towers.  I had to look c-diff up; I've heard of it but couldn't remember what it is.  Are you in the hospital?  I assume you'd be receiving IV liquids to compensate for dehydration.

Hope you feel better soon.  We'll be rooting for a quick recovery.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Vivian I am so sorry for your health problems and the fact you will miss the Birthday Bash for your DH, but it is important to take care of you, so please do so, your too special of a person not to, sending you hugs across the miles, get well wishes, and prayers that you and your husband are able to celebrate his special day very soon!

Respected Contributor

@VivianI'm sorry for your health problems.  May you heal and have another fun get together with your family!  Your cyber friends are holding you up in prayerHeart

Cathy