Honored Contributor

Do they know what was the cause of the C Diff

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

You are certainly being put to the test....what ever that test is....sending good thoughts for a quick recovery!  I did not know that C Diff was contageous.

Esteemed Contributor

My daughter has had C-Diff twice.......listen to your doctors and I will pray that yu recover soon....

Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox,

As adults, each of us are likely carrying inactive C-diff spores in our intestines.   The spores can remain inactive indefinitely, but are triggered easily by different stress factors to the body, one of which is certain antibiotics.   

Anyone who has had an active C-diff or MRSA infection, will be at a higher risk of activating that infection again, after a surgical process.   Once C-diff spores multiply into an active infection, treatment is needed to control the infection and reduce the spores in the intestine.   Sometimes antibiotics are needed long term to get control of an active infection.  You never kill all of the spores, they simply go dormant until triggered once again.   

Best wishes to @Vivian as she battles yet another challenge.   

Honored Contributor

I am so very sorry @Vivian. I have been reading your posts and my heart goes out to you. I will pray for your rapid recovery. Please know I am thinking of you during this most difficult time.

Honored Contributor

@Vivian  I'm sorry that you have had so many challenges ..hoping this will pass quickly.  Now is the time to allow yourself to heal and let those meds kick in.  Sending wishes for a quick recovery.

Respected Contributor

I'm going to give you a big (((((HUG))))) and keep you in my thoughts and prayers.  

Esteemed Contributor

RedTop, your information was very helpful. Thank you! I had C-diff 9 years ago, brought on by unsanitary conditions of the hospital (long story) where I had thyroid cancer surgery (surgeon was great, though). I had intestinal MRSA two years ago. I was a prime candidate for another bug. Fortunately, both of those other infections were cleared up rapidly so I am praying I’ll snap back quickly.

Our family decided to postpone my husband’s birthday celebration. My brother, a dentist, happened to see a patient who is a public health MD. He said my husband could be carrying this bug and that the party should be postponed. One of my daughters is upset but with everyone else agreeing that cancelation was the best idea, she was out-voted.

Esteemed Contributor

@Vivian, now that’s disappointing.  Hope you have a quick recovery.  More than enough on your plate.  LM

Honored Contributor

Wow, @Vivian, so much stress already, you didn’t need any more. I’m so sorry to hear this. I wish there was someone who had time and energy to devote to helping you and relieving some of your stress and worry. The family pillars need pillars of their own sometimes.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all