Trusted Contributor

…is a time for solemn remembrance. Good job QVC with your annual disrespect of our military fallen.

Honored Contributor

Well, at least you gave yourself an appropriate name.  What sort of remembrance would you like?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I do not believe QVC has done anything disrespectful.

Unfortunately, in our commercialized society all holidays have become opportunities for shopping and sales.

It is up to our nation's leaders, our communities, our families and all of us to promote the true meaning and importance of every holiday.

Honored Contributor

Memorial day has become the official start of the summer season with sales and specials all over the country in most stores.  There is no disrespect on the part of any business!!  I know QVC and most businesses do mention the original purpose of the day.

Honored Contributor

what kind of response do you want from Q for Memorial Day,  ?

Honored Contributor

@Malcontent wrote:

…is a time for solemn remembrance. Good job QVC with your annual disrespect of our military fallen.

I come from a long line of veterans and my son is a veteran.  Q has not disrespected any of them.   If you really want to do something, go to a shelter and help people - lots of vets are there.  Or go to DAV and volunteer.  Wringing hands doesn't mean anything to veterans.

Honored Contributor

@Malcontent wrote:

@Malcontent 

I'm at a loss as to how/why you feel that QVC has shown an "annual disrespect of our military fallen". 

Can you explain your position on this more clearly?

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@Malcontent wrote:

This type of post pops up every year at this time.  @Malcontent   have you watched QVC 24/7 to see if they have mentioned the most significant reason for this holiday?  I haven't either, and yet I have already heard two different hosts on air give solemn and incredibly respectful short speeches about the holiday.  Remembering and revering those who gave the ultimate sacrifice for this country we love. 

In all of the reasons our military fallen gave everything, celebrating and enjoying family and friends as wonderfully as we can is a part of it.  All retail will have their promotions, that's just a fact of sales.

Honored Contributor

@CalminHeart wrote:

@Malcontent wrote:

I come from a long line of veterans and my son is a veteran.  Q has not disrespected any of them.   If you really want to do something, go to a shelter and help people - lots of vets are there.  Or go to DAV and volunteer.  Wringing hands doesn't mean anything to veterans.

Well said and I agree.

Honored Contributor

@Malcontent You are well named, buttercup! Get over it. Go do some volunteer work and stop putting so much emphasis on what happens on TV!!!