Honored Contributor

Re: May Flowers and New Life at the Bird's Nest: May 2024

Here is Luther's full photo, with his mohawk. I think he's adorable, of course.

May be an image of dog

"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

I'll admit, tho, it hurt my heart a bit to replace Snickers pic as my avatar.
Honored Contributor

@Snicks1 wrote:

Here is Luther's full photo, with his mohawk. I think he's adorable, of course.

May be an image of dog

@Snicks1   He is. Smiley Happy  Is this after his grooming?

Honored Contributor

@Snicks1 wrote:
I'll admit, tho, it hurt my heart a bit to replace Snickers pic as my avatar.

@Snicks1   I totally relate.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl, yes, they took the photo also. My phone doesn't take the greatest photos, or maybe it's me that doesn't take great photos, but I was happy with this one.
Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

My pallet of dirt was delivered yesterday.  We all know what a forklift looks like - I'm including a picture to describe something.

The Forklift Center

You see in front of the steering wheel that metal thing that the fork part slides up and down on.  

When the delivery guy said, I'm not going to be able to clear your garage opening (top) I said yea...and...

I said, it's costing me an extra $80 for you to get this pallett about 8 inches further than you think you can go.  I'm paying more for delivery than I am for the dirt and I trust that home depot hires professionals who've seen it all and done it all.

I smiled.

He got it done - he put the tips of the fork part of the lift again the wood pallet and scooted it inside.

Glad that's done.

@Bird mama   Lol, I plan to be outside directing the tree pruning crew, do not trust them to do what I want.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl   Even though I was fairly confident that the wildlife that lived in my trees were done raising children when the Jose and the crew arrived to clear the back fence I went outside and said, umm, there was a possum who likes that tree and I pointed to one of the pines.  I said, take care when you crawl up there - if there are any kids leave the tree alone and we'll try another time.  I then pointed out where the squirrels lived in another tree.  The only plants I was confident about were the yew shrubs.  I have to say the crew who did my work were respectful and checked each tree before they fired up the chainsaw.

I had a walnut tree limb that was riding the high powerl line to my house and that one scared me.  I kind of watched that limb come down while peeking through my fingers.

Kids Praised for Being Smart Are More Likely to Cheat

I was so fearful the guy was going to get electrocuted when he removed it.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

@Bird mama  Glad to hear that your soil delivery went well. I guess sometimes these guys need a supervisor Lol. My lawn guy hasn't been here for a while due mostly to rain, but things are growing out of control. When he gets here Saturday or if it rains then Monday, I'll be outside with him. Last time I weed wacked, I came across netting that he didn't remove & it got tangled in my line.

@Snicks1That's a darling picture of Luther! I have little memory items of my last 2 fur babies & understand how you feel about Snicks.

@Bird mamaAfter Anne's 2nd stroke at home, she's had setbacks. I'm glad she's a fighter because she keeps fighting to regain her abilities. Thanks for asking.

Honored Contributor

@Desert Lily I speak Anne's name daily in prayer.  I also pray for your brother (her husband) and the entire family.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Good morning all.
It's still cloudy here and only 59 degrees, but no rain is expected (I hope). But rain again for the rest of this week. It seems like it might be another one of those years when it goes from wet and chilly to hot, hot, hot. Not ideal for getting outside work done. Oh well.
We will take a long walk today, then I'll just do some inside work, I guess. I'm sure not getting out in that mud, lol.
Have a great day!