Respected Contributor

With all the complaints about QVCs return policy (mine included) I just had to rave about Macy's policy.  The two Macy's closest to me (20 minutes away) closed in the last year or so -  so I recently decided to make some returns by mail.  First of all it's a free service.  You print the shipping label right off the website.  Secondly anything purchased online within the last year can be returned.  But amazingly it's so fast.  I took a package to Staples on Wednesday after 4PM to return it via UPS - Macy's received it Friday.  And I've found they credit my account very quickly too - within a few days.  This is just amazing to me.  It's not just the Q who takes so long on returns - so many other companies do too.  Macy's is the best by far.  Plus you can return things from multiple orders in one box - it's no problem.  Just wanted to share. 

Esteemed Contributor

Love Macys.......usually get the order within a week and have done a few returns with no problem and contacted by email that my acct has been credited....very good!

Esteemed Contributor

GLad to hear that you get good service from Macy's doing a mail return because you surely do not get it when shopping in their stores.  YOu trek from register to register hoping to find someone who actually works there to ring you up.  DOn't even bother asking about the merchandise because they know absolutely nothing about what they sell and couldn't care less anyway.  THe large mall near me actually has two Macy's and the merchandise is always a mess on the racks.  DRessing rooms are dirty with hooks falling right out of the walls.  I simply refuse to set foot in either one of them.

Regular Contributor

They are great.  Thanks for the reminder - I have some things that need to go back and are nearing the deadline.  Hope I can find the receipts.  For some reason, not all my orders are logged on my Macy's online account.  The only issue I have with Macy's is that their website is a little difficult to navigate.  It's kind of overwhelming.  (Meanwhile the selection in the stores is pretty pathetic)  I do most of my shopping at Boscov's.  Couldn't live without it!

Trusted Contributor

FYI - the "LAST ACT" has a 30 day return window. They do not take returns after 30days, system marks it down to a few cents automatically. 

Respected Contributor

I've found that the quality of customer service at Macy's really depends on the store you shop at.

In my small store in SW Michigan, it's horrible. The sales associates are rude, snotty and act like they're doing you a favor. Merchandise is all jumbled together and if you ask for assistance with something, the response is typically "you'll just need to look thru the racks".

In the store at UTC Mall in Sarasota, it's completely different. The store is much larger with a lot more selection and very helpful associates.

The store at Herald Square in NYC....wowsers! They couldn't do enough to help me find just the right things. Sleeves a little long on a jacket? No worries, we have it in petite and we'll have that department bring it to you to try on...no need to go to the petite floor. I stood patiently for nearly 30 minutes waiting to get someone to take a handbag out of the case for me to look at, and the manufacturers rep that was there authorized an additional 15% discount because I'd had to wait so long. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Respected Contributor

@FrostyBabe1 wrote:

I've found that the quality of customer service at Macy's really depends on the store you shop at.

In my small store in SW Michigan, it's horrible. The sales associates are rude, snotty and act like they're doing you a favor. Merchandise is all jumbled together and if you ask for assistance with something, the response is typically "you'll just need to look thru the racks".

In the store at UTC Mall in Sarasota, it's completely different. The store is much larger with a lot more selection and very helpful associates.

The store at Herald Square in NYC....wowsers! They couldn't do enough to help me find just the right things. Sleeves a little long on a jacket? No worries, we have it in petite and we'll have that department bring it to you to try on...no need to go to the petite floor. I stood patiently for nearly 30 minutes waiting to get someone to take a handbag out of the case for me to look at, and the manufacturers rep that was there authorized an additional 15% discount because I'd had to wait so long. 

______

So true!  There is a marked difference between the store location and it is due to management. 

I used to work part time at Macy's for three years (I had great career).  I loved the employee discounts and enjoyed being a SA!  During my three years of working weekends only, I had two different store managers.  One was a spastic mess, the other one great.  The store made great strides when we switched up the store manager.  Many times, if a store is under-performing, they force management shifts within a metro area.

Honored Contributor

Re: Macy's Returns

[ Edited ]

Glad to hear Macy's online is a good experience.  I gave up on Macy's years ago because they used to carry a lot of name brands.  Over the years, they've transitioned to a lot of what I call, no name brands.  Style & Co. (I think that's what they are called), exploded.  Then trying to get help or wrung up was a nightmare.

Honored Contributor

I agree with the OP.  Macy's customer service is great!  In the past couple of years we've bought a fair amount of furniture from them.  Had to return a storage bed that needed a fair amount of assembling/disassembling for reasons that were not Macy's fault.  They quickly arranged to have the bed picked up, no charge, no problem.  Have had other items delivered by them and again fast and efficient.  We're planning to buy a mattress from them based on their great customer service and fair prices.

Why people continue to complain about QVC's policies when there are other options always baffles me!

Honored Contributor

@GCR18 wrote:

Glad to hear Macy's online is a good experience.  I gave up on Macy's years ago because they used to carry a lot of name brands.  Over the years, they've transitioned to a lot of what I call, no name brands.  Style & Co. (I think that's what they are called), exploded.  Then trying to get help or wrung up was a nightmare.

My complaint is that Macy's carries too much of a limited number of name brands, i.e., Michael Kors and Ralph Lauren.  I actually prefer their brands, Charter Club, Karen Scott, etc.