Frequent Contributor

Hi, I used to work for Macy's in Henderson, Nevada in the costume jewelry and handbag deparment.  While I had lots of complaints about how they treat the staff - i.e. long hours, low pay etc. - I can honestly say that I think "we" treated our customers fairly and with great respect. We always did our best - returns after a long time with no receipt - people would buy a silver bracelet and return it months later as it tarnished - and we were still giving a full refund without question.

Yes, I  complained after a hard day at work but I am still so very pro Macy's and am glad to hear many positive comments here !!!!!!

Honored Contributor

@FrostyBabe1 wrote:

I've found that the quality of customer service at Macy's really depends on the store you shop at.

In my small store in SW Michigan, it's horrible. The sales associates are rude, snotty and act like they're doing you a favor. Merchandise is all jumbled together and if you ask for assistance with something, the response is typically "you'll just need to look thru the racks".

In the store at UTC Mall in Sarasota, it's completely different. The store is much larger with a lot more selection and very helpful associates.

The store at Herald Square in NYC....wowsers! They couldn't do enough to help me find just the right things. Sleeves a little long on a jacket? No worries, we have it in petite and we'll have that department bring it to you to try on...no need to go to the petite floor. I stood patiently for nearly 30 minutes waiting to get someone to take a handbag out of the case for me to look at, and the manufacturers rep that was there authorized an additional 15% discount because I'd had to wait so long. 

Oh I totally agree with you on the Macy stores in SW Michigan! When I lived in the Detroit area I would never step foot in a Macys. My past experiences were the stores were disgustingly dirty, clothes laying on the floors and the associates, you could tell, hated their job. I now live in upper Michigan and the only Macys I have is 60 miles away in Traverse City. Wow, what a lovely store! Very helpful and friendly SA's, clean and neat store. What a difference.I got the loveliest dress for my sons wedding (yesterday) that was a hit with everyone! Woman Happy

"Pure Michigan"