Esteemed Contributor

@just bee   I know our @Puddles  would like these Winnie the Pooh characters. Their expressions are especially good in this one. 
   Everyone: Today is partly cloudy and humid with a high of 86. The rest of the week looks stormy so I'm doing errands today early. 
   Both parties for my granddaughter's birthday went well. They tied a thing with long strong cloth from a huge tree. The girls wrap their arms and legs in it and swing. I've seen it done on TV and these girls who are dancers do it as well. They have such energy! 
    This week is practice for the big competition in Gatlinburg the last of the month. 
    I'm searching for competent shrub trimmers to clear  the driveway and around the house. My yard crew is mostly new and I need trees trimmed away from the fence. Last time the tree men did a good job. It needs to be done before the driveway is started. 
      🐻🍯 🎂🤸🏼‍♀️🧘🏼‍♀️🌲🌳

Honored Contributor

@Sassy7356 

I have a suggestion for the title of the new thread.

"Dragged, kicking and screaming, into summer."

My least favorite season.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

@Sweet Caroline 1 wrote:

Dear @Sassy7356    I'm so sorry that your mother got cracked ribs from her falls.  I don't know how long it takes for ribs to heal.  You know that I'll be praying for her.  I wonder if she has a friend there that can keep a close eye on her and could call you if needed.  Mother, you and Jason will be in my thoughts and prayers.  God bless you, Love and Hugs...  Heart

@Sweet Caroline 1 The doctors told her it could take 6 months for her ribs to heal.  This morning we received news from her PCP that he had reviewed her records from last Friday.  Dr. G. was more concerned with her bloodwork and what it showed.  She is at the early stages of pancreatic cancer.  My Mom hasn't been told any of this yet as we want to tell her in person.  

Honored Contributor

@1Snickers wrote:

@Sassy7356   I'm sorry your mother is having so many health problems. I know how worried you must be. Is there someone who can stay briefly from the assisted living to be sure she does what's needed? 
   My parents had independent living in an apartment across from the health center. If needed they could go for several days and it wasn't a hospital, just across the street. 
   Be extra careful with all that traffic going to see her. I hope she's better soon. 
   🛣️🚙💨👨🏻‍⚕️ 🤷‍♀️ 🙏🏼

@1Snickers The assisted facility she lives in already does daily vitals.  She only wants to stay in her own apartment.  

Honored Contributor

@AnikaBrodie wrote:

Valentine's Gift For Husband Printable Husband Poem  image 1

Forever and ever ... and then forever more.  Heart

@AnikaBrodie This is beautiful and exactly the way I feel about my Jason.  

Honored Contributor

@Tissyanne wrote:

@Sassy7356 , I am lifting your Mom, you, and Jason up in prayer.  I am saddened that she is experiencing health issues. I understand that the situation is very difficult for you, and Jason. When my Mom was sick with cancer I spent so much time caring for her needs. My brother lived over a thousand miles away, so he was not able to be here except for a few days. 

Take good care, Love Gail

9cc86df33d13b7f7cc8fd551dd2a014d.gif

Thank you, @Tissyanne - your situation was much like ours.  My one and only sibling lives in Texas and due to her health cannot travel.  Jason and I only live 2 1/2 hours away.  The news we received today we will share in person.  We will be with her this coming Saturday.

Honored Contributor

@Sweet Caroline 1 wrote:

Thinking Cap (hollywood011) - Profile | Pinterest

Dear @Sassy7356,   It just dawned on me... My neice works for a care giver organization.  She helps with baths, cooking a meal, essential needs.  I was wondering if you could find a care giver in her area.  Maybe twice a week or so until her ribs heal.  

She checks in on an elderly couple and they are teaching her to cook.  She bought a iron skillet and learned to make cornbread.  Smiley Happy  She looks in on an elderly lady who is very timid about her privacy with baths.  So she respects her privacy and helps where she can in that area.  

I hope this helps.  In loving prayer... Heart

@Sweet Caroline 1 The assisted living facility she lives in offers all those services but my Mom doesn't want to be fussed over so she has declined accepting the care. Sometimes she gets the meals at lunchtime only if it sounds good.

Honored Contributor

Re: MARCH INTO SPRING

[ Edited ]

@just bee wrote:

Summer Solstice in 2023 - Healthy Food Near Me

@just bee and All - I will be posting a new summer thread Tuesday evening.  At least that's my plan.

Honored Contributor