Honored Contributor

Re: Lots of people at church this Christmas Morning.

[ Edited ]

OMG, I watched the televised service at the Buffalo NY Diocese.  I don't know the name of the chapel and church, but it was the most beautiful service that I've ever seen. The choir, the music, the beautiful manger with the beautiful Child, etc.  It was exquisite.  I also watched the St. Peter's in Rome service afterward, and still was completely in awe of the Buffalo NY service.    I'll never forget it.  Heart  If anyone in Buffalo knows the name of that church, I'd love to know. ............p.s.  It was aired on a major channel/network.  ABC.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

We looked everywhere last evening for the service from the National Cathedral to be on TV or the internet but could not find it. We did find the service from Trinity Cathedral in Pittsburgh on the internet so we listened to it, though it was audio only . We thought they always had the service from the National Cathrdral in Washington, DC on TV but apparently we were wrong. It felt very odd to not go to church on Christmas eve night.

Honored Contributor

@StylishLady wrote:

So far no "poof" of the reference to the Christ Child. We had 2 services last night and one this morning at 9 AM at our church also. DH and I went to the one this morning and there were a good 60 worshipers. Love the Christma carols we all sang. I wore my new green dress. After breakfast, DH and I opened gifts from our children and family. Such fun even at age 82. Merry Christmas everyone.

GrnLthrDress2.jpg

It was 84 and very humid here in SW Florida today - I can't believe you wore that leather dress to church.

Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

We looked everywhere last evening for the service from the National Cathedral to be on TV or the internet but could not find it. We did find the service from Trinity Cathedral in Pittsburgh on the internet so we listened to it, though it was audio only . We thought they always had the service from the National Cathrdral in Washington, DC on TV but apparently we were wrong. It felt very odd to not go to church on Christmas eve night.

The Cathedral suffered extensive earthquake damage and is still undergoing repairs

http://cathedral.org/earthquake/

Valued Contributor

Our small Baptist church had its annual candlelight service last night.  We had a very good crowd. It's such a meaninful service. I am the pianist and loved being involved in that way.  Then this morning we had worship.  It's wonderful to start this special day in God's house celebrating the birth of His Son. God bless each of you and your families.

Respected Contributor

"It was 84 and very humid here in SW Florida today - I can't believe you wore that leather dress to church."

Actually, I was quite comfortable. I guess it helps with our church setting the AC so low. I will wear leather all year, not so much when it's in the 90º+ temperatures.

Happy Boxing Day to everyone.

Esteemed Contributor

@151949 wrote:

@StylishLady wrote:

So far no "poof" of the reference to the Christ Child. We had 2 services last night and one this morning at 9 AM at our church also. DH and I went to the one this morning and there were a good 60 worshipers. Love the Christma carols we all sang. I wore my new green dress. After breakfast, DH and I opened gifts from our children and family. Such fun even at age 82. Merry Christmas everyone.

GrnLthrDress2.jpg

It was 84 and very humid here in SW Florida today - I can't believe you wore that leather dress to church.

@151949 Is it the leather or the weather that concerns you?

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

@151949 wrote:

The Cathedral suffered extensive earthquake damage and is still undergoing repairs

http://cathedral.org/earthquake/

Well that would explain it - thanks.

Esteemed Contributor

"So as you can see, it all depends on the type of leather jacket.
A thin fashion leather jacket with no liner is cold, ****** cold.
A shearling sheep leather jacket is really warm.
All the rest fall in between."

Leather is not warm on it's on!

The dress is beautiful!

Respected Contributor

@ROMARY...  The Mass you watched was at The Chapel of Our Lady Help of Christians. It is a historic national shrine in the Buffalo suburb of Cheektowaga.

Glad you enjoyed it!