Honored Contributor

Let's Find Beautiful Wrapping Papers

I've always used the heavy weight paper from Current Catalog.  You remember them.  They had the note cards with the fluffy, adorable animals.

Large, heavy weight rolls are now $6.00.

They work well with the big designer bows I make.  I also add pics with greenery, pinecones, or fruit.

Honored Contributor

Re: Let's Find Beautiful Wrapping Papers

Pretty.  I don't spend much on wrapping paper and bows because people just tear into it all and it ends up on the floor and then in the trash.  However I do color coordinating my wrapping paper with my Christmas colors and I like to add interesting (but cheap) touches to the packages.  

Honored Contributor

@ECBG

Will BBL and will play also! 

Always have loved beautiful wrapping and ribbon!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Trusted Contributor

I have some beautiful ribbon in my stash and I am in search of some gorgeous foil wrapping paper to use it on.  My mission has begun!!  Lol

~Breathe In~ Breathe Out~ Move On~
Honored Contributor

Some of the best quality wrapping paper I've ever purchased comes from those catalogs schools use for fundraising.

You find something very different than what's at retail.   That's probably the reason you love Current.

However my stash of wrapping paper will outlive me.

I usually buy several rolls every year and we have a relatively small family so 1 or 2 rolls gets the job done.   

I insist on wrapping.   I love to watch people unwrap their gifts. 

No gift bags ever.

@ECBG

Honored Contributor

The Container Store always has lovely wrapping paper.

Trusted Contributor

That paper is gorgoeus, love this thread.  Have you ever seen trees where all the presents underneath are wrapped in the same paper?  I think it looks chic, but would probably never do it.

Anyways, love your style.

Honored Contributor

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/bc/74/64/bc74645f3744173503a1693fb63103ed--vintage-wrapping-paper-vintage-paper.jpg

Vintage Santa

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Respected Contributor

I rarely "wrap" gifts any more.  I use gift bags.  I have a couple good-sized packs from QVC.  They save so much time!

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Honored Contributor

I have two huge wrapping station boxes full of Christmas wrap.  I probably have 20 rolls that have never been used. I buy it when it is on sale for 75% or more off and keep in on hand. I have some nice heavy paper that I paid .25 a roll for on sale.

I have paper that must be 30 year old.  And I have ribbon and tags too.  The funny part is, I mostly give cash and wrap so few gifts.