Honored Contributor

Re: Let's Find Beautiful Wrapping Papers

Is Current still in business ? I remember people selling it at work many years ago. It was pretty.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

@QVCkitty1

Yes, they are still around.  I just got a catalog not long ago, but they have a website.  They have cards, paper and lots of other seasonal items.

I've mostly bought stickers from them to use on the labels I put on my Project Linus blankets.  I buy seasonal stickers just for that and add an address label so the recipient knows who made it. 

I also use the stickers on my cards and letters.  They add some color and humor.

Honored Contributor

I don't actually wrap anymore - I just use tissue and the bags.

Honored Contributor

I like to wrap packages, too, but I also use gift bags.  It really depends on the size and shape of the gift.  I find nice wrapping paper at Target.  I like their selection of gift tags, too.  I may need to buy gift bags this year, too.  

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

Christmas...

pdpImgShortDescription

See the source image

See the source image

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Esteemed Contributor

Chanukah...

See the source image

See the source image

See the source image

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Honored Contributor

@MacDUFF wrote:

Chanukah...

@MacDUFF, I sent you an email!  Have a lovely!  I have to work at 7am the day after, thank goodness!See the source image

See the source image

See the source image

Honored Contributor

I love to wrap and make beautiful bows.  I have bought so much quality wrapping paper at after Christmas sales it will last longer than my lifetime.  In high school I worked in a high end department store wrapping as Christmas help.  I learned so much there, especially about bows.  It has served me well over the years.  No gift bags here!

Honored Contributor

@software wrote:

Some of the best quality wrapping paper I've ever purchased comes from those catalogs schools use for fundraising.

You find something very different than what's at retail.   That's probably the reason you love Current.

However my stash of wrapping paper will outlive me.

I usually buy several rolls every year and we have a relatively small family so 1 or 2 rolls gets the job done.   

I insist on wrapping.   I love to watch people unwrap their gifts. 

No gift bags ever.

@ECBG

@software,I've always wrapped with the big designer bows I made with all types of decorative wires and garland for minature trees added to the bows.

As late teens, our sons would bring their friends over just to see the wrapping.  They loved it and still do.

I get in the floor under the tree with kahlua and cream, burn candles and wrap!  Ahhhhhhhh!

Honored Contributor

@MarkeieMark wrote:

That paper is gorgoeus, love this thread.  Have you ever seen trees where all the presents underneath are wrapped in the same paper?  I think it looks chic, but would probably never do it.

Anyways, love your style.

@MarkeieMark,I haven't seen what you describe, but I love variety.  I did do coordinated papers for a few years with a country theme.