Honored Contributor

Anyone else wonder how the nics were chosen? @puppylips, @chickenbutt  @jackthebear come to mind.

@Shanus is my name...so unusual that I figured it was OK and no way to actually identify me...not that I care.

How and why did you choose your nicknames when you originally joined this forum? 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: LOVE THE NICS HERE.....

[ Edited ]

Good question @Shanus !   While my nic is nothing fancy as I'm no chicken butt (LOL) my name is Linda and the Sal is my nickname from high school as it's part of my maiden name.  Not that interesting but this will be a fun thread to read today Smiley Happy   

Respected Contributor

I'm fairydogmother because I have dogs obviously 🤓 and to them, Im the hooman who waves her wand and grants their every wish. Yes I spoil them. They are sweet loving helpless little creatures. They make my life better in a thousand ways. So I return the favor. 🥰🧚‍♀️

Harmonize the World
Honored Contributor

I've used my nic for a long time and in other places on the web.  I was a hippie in the 60's and loved that time in my life.  Therefore, Im an old hippie by heart these days.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Respected Contributor

My stepdaughters called me Gorgy or Gorg  for Georgia started by their Dad who was big on nicknames.  I had to add F later on with the request to change.

Honored Contributor

Loving these replies...Carry on.

Respected Contributor

Mine is rather obvious, I guess.  I am a lady from Philadelphia.  The number 1 on the end was added as a result of a sign in problem.  Fun topic!

Honored Contributor

My father was a Tasty Kake routeman.  One of their offerings was a goodie call "Krimpets".  Since that name was taken, I chose "Krimpette".  

Honored Contributor

Re: LOVE THE NICS HERE.....

[ Edited ]

I'm sure we had Tasty Kakes down here @Krimpette, but pretty sure I never saw Krimpets. Can you explain what they are/were? Like a Twinkie..?

Honored Contributor

I'm Sooner born and Sooner bred,

And when I die I'll be Sooner dead!

Rah Oklahoma, Rah Oklahoma 

Rah Oklahoma, O K U!

I was Sooner way way back in the 1990's when these boards were new.  We have some issues back then and I tried a lot of new nics to log in.  

I was looking at a map of Oklahoma using our unusual town names, then for some reason "Springer" (the town not Jerry) worked and was my name for some time.

Then back to Sooner when I could, Recently SoonerLater when we had issues!