Honored Contributor

@PhilaLady1 @Shanus  Now that I think about it, they also had a jelly krimpet.  No icing, just a jelly filling. Yum also!

Honored Contributor

@PhilaLady1 I'm sorry to hear they went bankrupt.  They were the best!  I remember once interviewing for a job there at their facility on Hunting Park Avenue (at least I think that was the address).  (I didn't pursue the job, since I didn't want to leave hone at that time of my life.)

Honored Contributor

@Shanus Is it to the tune of Boola Boola? 

Here's the lyrics to our chant, sung at big events mostly like when we have guest speakers or dedications, award ceremonies.  Gives me goose bumps when a crowd of people stand and sing "live on university."

O-K-L-A-H-O-M-A

Our chant rolls on and on!

Thousands strong

Join heart and song

In alma mater’s praise

Of campus beautiful by day and night

Of colors proudly gleaming Red and White

’Neath a western sky

OU’s chant will never die

Live on, University!

Honored Contributor

Re: LOVE THE NICS HERE.....

[ Edited ]

Well, mine is pretty obvious. Jean Louise Finch is the main character in one of my favorite movies - To Kill a Mockingbird 

She was mostly known as "Scout" but that was already taken.

Honored Contributor

I began collecting foxes over 30 years ago, the reason I chose Foxxee as my nickname; however, I wanted to use Fox.  Someone used that name and others used variations of it.

I continued trying different spellings until Foxxee was accepted.  Foxy has two meanings.  One... similar to a fox.  The other...sexually attractive. 

I hesitated using Foxxee because I didn't want members to think I thought I was sexually attractive.  Lol.  Went with it anyway to see how others would respond to me.

I used a picture of a real fox as my avatar hoping members would come to the conclusion I liked foxes. 

Collecting foxes started about 30 years ago after I saw the cutest red fox darting in front of me and running in the middle of the road when I was driving to work.  This occurred frequently to the point I started leaving 10 minutes early. 

This was a narrow country road with minimal shoulders.  On either side were woods, the road too narrow to pass the fox, and, of course, I didn't want to fearing they would suddenly dart in front of me if I tried to pass to run into the woods.  For about 5 or so minutes, I followed these rascals when they decided to go into the woods.  

Honored Contributor

@Sooner   Ours goes:

Oh I'm Tarheel born 

and Tarheel bred

And when i die,

I'll be tarheel dead.

Ra Ra Carolina

Go Heels!!!

Honored Contributor

@Foxxee   Great storry. I gave up trying to set an avatar.

Respected Contributor

Mine is simple but only people who know me really well get it because it has nothing to do with my full name.  My first name starts with a J but the k9 is for "dog".  Because dogs are a huge part of my life.   

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Respected Contributor

@Shanus 

Still made in Philly at Tastkakes !  They freeze beautifully too.

If they ever changed the recipe, there would be a tremendous revolt.  

( They changed the crust recipe for their filled pies...lousy. So lousy that I rarely ever eat my one most favorite thing: lemon pie !  Saved me a lot of calories and money since, lol ! )

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

@jlkz  The lemon pies were my favorite of their pies also!