Regular Contributor

It really bothers me that so many items are sold in sets or 2's or 3's.  It has kept me from buying several things such a knife sharpener for example  Throws are another example.  I have noone to give the other 2 or 3 items to & really don't want to donate so many items.  I guess this is done because just selling one item would be cost effective. Anyone else have this problem?

Honored Contributor

yep

alternate places to buy 

Trusted Contributor

The Q does this with many other items too, esprcially this time of year.  I think they do it to discourage returns.  

Trusted Contributor

@purrmom   I think I heard David mention today that he was glad things were sold in sets so he would have gifts for others without having to search for something else. Each to his own I guessSmiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@purrmom  Sometimes I like the sets and sometimes I don't want them. When I don't want them, I go to Amazon to see what I can get. I just bought the Pull Chop in a set of 2 because I needed one. I will find someone to give the other one to. Better deal than AmazonI love the Scrub Daddy sets for stocking gifts to my kids at Christmas. 

Honored Contributor

The only thing I buy in sets are Rubbermade food storage containers and I use them all.

I'll buy a top and fitted sheet  with pillow cases.

Valued Contributor

Yes I can't stand that they do this, I do not need three of any ond item, like today for example the Tempatations small bowl with a spreader, I am one person and I wouldn't give those items away as gifts period. Sell me the one that I want and I'll decide whether or not I buy 3. 

Honored Contributor

I think a choice would be nice. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

I always thought they did it because most people won't pay $5 for one item with a $3.50 shipping charge. 

Esteemed Contributor

I don't think I ever wanted an exact duplicate of any item for the kitchen.  Can't see that at all.

Although the visual of double handed knive sharpening is interesting.