Regular Contributor

I could not agree more. About a week or so ago, I was watching In the Kitchen w/David and they were selling kitchen shears. Great, I had a new recipe I wanted to try and needed them. You had to buy 4 pairs!!!! What in the world would I do with 4 pairs? I was at Marshalls the following day and saw a very nice pair for $2.99!! Today the TSV is the PopSonic Compact Mirror (2) for $30. I bought the same mirror a few months ago...I think it was $19. Perfect. I don't need two, I don't need to give one away. Hate when they pair an item in multiples.

Honored Contributor

Q is part of a fantasy land in which everyone gives gifts to everyone else.

which intensifies at "gift giving season" 

Honored Contributor

@felixmom wrote:

I could not agree more. About a week or so ago, I was watching In the Kitchen w/David and they were selling kitchen shears. Great, I had a new recipe I wanted to try and needed them. You had to buy 4 pairs!!!! What in the world would I do with 4 pairs? I was at Marshalls the following day and saw a very nice pair for $2.99!! Today the TSV is the PopSonic Compact Mirror (2) for $30. I bought the same mirror a few months ago...I think it was $19. Perfect. I don't need two, I don't need to give one away. Hate when they pair an item in multiples.

@felixmom - I understand what you all are saying, but here's what I did with the set of 4 I bought a while back: one pair is in my kitchen drawer for cutting herbs, one pair is in the desk drawer for using when opening packages, cutting cardboard, or other desk-type cutting when scissors won't work, one pair is in DH's tool cabinet, and one pair is in the garage for garden use. 

So sometimes a set does work. I just bought the set of 3 mini Spurtles to give as Christmas gifts. I have two groups of friends I exchange gifts with. I bought mini lanterns for them this year.

But I do understand why sets won't work for everyone! I'm just glad they offer them!  Smiley Happy