Honored Contributor

KEEPING SHOPPING LIST ON PHONE

If any techies out there, feel free to explain...simply, please. DD keeps her food shopping list on her phone, but not IPhone like mine. Seems so convenient to just stop off, have your list & be able to pick up a few things. I keep my list on paper next to frig. 🤭

Honored Contributor

Re: KEEPING SHOPPING LIST ON PHONE

[ Edited ]

I have an android and I do it one of two ways. 

There is a Google app called Keep which you just type in a list as you would pencil and paper whenever you remember something.

OR

I have Google Home which is a competitor to Alexa.  I tell Google to add eggs, strawberries, etc to my shopping list in my kitchen as I find I need something and it goes into the Google Home app automatically. 

When I am in the store, I open the Google Home app or Keep and my list is always with me.

I am sure someone with an IPhone will let you know what Apple's version of Keep is.  Google Home app you would have only if you have Google Home in your house or I believe Alexa has an Amazon app which does the same thing if you have her.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I use Alexa.  I can order on my tablet, "Alexa, add Chicken to my shopping list," and it will show up on my android Tracfone!  It only has a Shopping List and a To Do List.

My phone came with Quick Memos app which is a list maker.

Honored Contributor

I do it two ways: if I’m home I use Alexa to add to my shopping list.

If I’m away from Alexa, I use Memo on my Tracfone phone as a list.

Trusted Contributor

i find that having it on paper is a lot more convenient for me when i’m in the grocery. i can even check items off as soon as i get them. i tried having my list on my phone, but that didn’t last long. 

Respected Contributor

I keep a running list on “Notes” on my iPhone 

Esteemed Contributor

I add any shopping list items to my "Notes" section on my iphone.

Although, if you shop at WalMart and have their app, you have the capability to make your shopping list right on their app.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

So intriguing that so many use Notes on the IPhone.  I use Reminders.  Maybe I need to check it out.  Thanks for the idea.

Esteemed Contributor

My phone and laptop are linked wirelessly, so I usually go to the store website on the computer, open my account (I have already set one up), go to my list, and add away.  Anytime I think of something, and before I go to the store.

I open the app (easy download - takes seconds) on my iPhone, the list is automatically updated, and I use it in the store.  I can update my list in the app, on the phone, also, but to me it's just more user-friendly to do it mostly on the MacBook.  Sometimes I use the phone to update the list.  Just depends on proximity of the equipment.

I could also use Siri to make a list in "notes" or "reminders" by voice command, on either device (or I could type it in).  I just like the store site because there's more info about my purchasing history and available products there, than in my brain.  Gives me prices, store location, available coupons, etc.  Hope that helps.  

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I keep my list on a piece of paper as well...hanging on the fridge....it's a running list.....added to as I run out of 'something'

edited to add....I do not have a smart phone..my cell is for sending and receiving  calls only.