Esteemed Contributor

If you have an adult child, rate yourself as a parent............

On a scale of 1 to 10, 1 being a terrible parent & 10 being a "perfect" parent.......where would you rate yourself?

Enquiring minds want to know....littleflyingkitty.gif

Honored Contributor

Re: If you have an adult child, rate yourself as a parent............

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

I try ..... havnt always been the perfect parent... started

a family when we were kids ourselves, so had to learn 

a lot, and learn it fast. Sometimes I wish I would have handled some situations differently and that haunts me 

now and then.

I’m blessed to have great kids and good relationships with them and the grandchildren too so must have done something right.

Respected Contributor

I'm a step parent, but have raised my daughter since she was 3. Made lots of mistakes through the years, but I'm making up for it with my grandson. When you know better, you do better. To answer the question, I'd rate myself a 5.

Honored Contributor

My son would tell you he had a great childhood and terrific parents, so I guess he would say a 10 and I have to agree.

Esteemed Contributor

Very poor as a single parent for a long time. The stress of juggling work, college, meals, laundry, bills, on my own made me short tempered on many days.

In spite of it all, raised a great kid that I'm proud of.

Honored Contributor

I admire those who don't rate themselves high and admit failings in certain areas.  Parenting is hard and there is no one who is the perfect parent!  Trying your best is all anyone can do.  

Respected Contributor

My children turned out well, are well adjusted, have made good homes and been good parents themselves. They are attentive to us now that we need some help.  So, in spite of any mistakes we might have made, we did more that was right than wrong.  I am grateful to God everyday for those children.

Honored Contributor

Most parents raise their kids the best they can with the knowledge they have at the time.  

An adult child does not need parenting.  If one comes to me with a problem, I will certainly listen and discuss and perhaps ask questions that may help lead them to their answer.  But they are adults now.  My role has changed.  I will always be mom though.

Honored Contributor

I don't have adult "children";  I am the mother of two adult women.  They are both in their early 30's so they haven't been children  since they were 18,  I've had time to adjust to their being adults so at this point, I'm probably a 10.    I know when to put my "Mom" hat on and how far I should go.