Respected Contributor

Back in the late 70's, I saw him at the Fairmont Hotel in Dallas.  My date managed to get a table right in front of the stage.  He is a lovely, lovely man with one of the best voices.  He's a gracious performer.

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Honored Contributor

What a great gift! I have a Christmas CD of his and it is one of my favorites. 

Contributor

What a  "Wonderful Wonderful" gift. I can only imagine how great it will be in a small venue with Johnny up close. I first saw Johnny many years ago in Phoenix and was fortunate to see his show last Saturday in Branson MO.  I'm still overwhelmed as someone noted what a gracious man he is. The show was awesome and I clapped and cried (the tears gathered when he sang "Misty"). I can't say how much I enjoyed seeing him again. How excited you must be; come back in January and let us know the details.

Respected Contributor

oh yes, that's true.  johnny's christmas songs are the best!

Honored Contributor

On November 3rd, Johnny Mathis was in the news when his home was damaged by fire.    As it turned out, he was just returning home  to see firefighters trying to get the fire out.   He was briefly interviewed by local news and said good thing he had a suitcase of clothes to wear!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/johnny-mathis-home-fire_56385461e4b027f9b969e9b0

Honored Contributor

My mom had his Christmas albums, I grew up listening to them.  That's all I know about him.  He was before my time.  But that's a wonderful present, very thoughtful.  Enjoy!

Honored Contributor

When i was in nursing school my first husband ( then boyfriend) gave me a reel to reel player instead of a record player. We all loved listening to Johnny Mathis tapes on it - one after another. As soon as something heartbreaking would happen to anyone the first thing was bringing out the Johnny Mathis tapes. Perfedct music to be in love or heart broken to. And, let's face it , when you are 19 you are always either in love or heartbroken.

Trusted Contributor

@pommom wrote:

My sis is gifting me with tickets to a Johnny Mathis performance in January.  The venue is a small, intimate room at a renowned 5-star hotel.  She threw in a night's stay as well.  I'm SO excited.  Woman Very Happy

That's so awesome! What a loving sister you have! Have a wonderful time. I am sure that you will make memories that you will cherish forever! Heart

Esteemed Contributor

My husband and I chose the ever beautiful 12th of Never as our first song to dance to at our wedding

Respected Contributor
Perfect song. I hope he sings "When Sunny Gets Blue"... (((sigh)))
If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown