Honored Contributor

Re: January 2016 - Back Fence

@Winifred

So does that mean you can ditch the kids and go to Hickory Ranch (wink)?

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

I'm there @Bird mama & @Winifred for the B-day feast, wishing you many, many, more, you sure deserve to be feted on this day

Regular Contributor

Hope you've had the delightful day you deserve due to your generous nature!

Happy Freddie's birthday all! Sue

Trusted Contributor

Well it looks like I'm back in business.  How dependent we get on our Wu fi.    Don't know what the problem was but I'm betting it was weather related.  Merle made it to Florida ok.  He said he didn't know what the weather was when he landed but he was comfortable in his light weight jacket.   He's at the top of the state on Amelia Island so it probably won't be hot this time of year. 

Im glad to know, Fredie that you at least got to celebrate even if you did have to cope with loss of electricity.  

Honored Contributor

Good to see you Betty - sorry the wifi was acting up.  I don't have cable tv so when we have bad weather, the antenna can only work so hard on my tvs and the picture starts to break up and I lose channels and then have to reprogram the TV.  Depends on which channel I lose.  If it wasn't a popular channel for me, I just let it go because I'm lazy, rofl.

The day started out so sunny and pretty during my morning commute and now the clouds have rolled in.  If I heard it correctly this morning, a snow squall is coming that could make the commute home tonight a fun ride, he he he.

Around here, people drive aggressively and we have just as many accidents on dry pavement.

Trusted Contributor

Yock,know your hubby is hard at work.but,oh so lucky. One of our favorite vacation places is Amelia Island. Just love it there.hope he has time to see a little of it.

Honored Contributor

TGIF :-)

It's a beautiful, sunny day.  Sure it's cold, but it's great to see the sunshine.  I've received my curtains and the main rod.  I was hoping to remove the current hardware and just use the existing holes in the wall for the new hardware.  Of course, the hole alignment is not the same, lol.  Well, I need these room darkening curtains up so I can sleep more soundly.  I guess I can patch the small holes and paint later when I have windows open.

Still waiting for the 5/8" rod to come in from California.

Trusted Contributor

Been watching the IU basketball game. They almost lost the game.   I was mostly watching it to see if my grandson and his wife might get on camera.  They didn't.  They were probably in the nose bleed section.   

My cousin who had serious surgery has not been able to wake up.  Today they inserted a temporary trach to help his breathing.   They say it will make it easier to wake him. Hope they are right    

Its been mighty quiet around here today.   Supposed to get really warm tomorrow before we go back to freeze. 

That thread titled among friends had me confused for aWhile. That's easy to do.  

Honored Contributor

@yock

Betty I'm so sorry that your cousin isn't waking up.  When did he have the surgery?  Did they think he was a good candidate for the surgery?  I hope the trach works - really sorry he has to have one, even a temporary one.

Trusted Contributor

Bernie,

how is your friend from work doing????  Have not noticed that you have mentioned her since the holidays.