Super Contributor

Better to spend your money locally in your area especially small business. If not, then the box stores in your area.  This has become a real fiasco with tv shopping.  I will get my Professor Amos elsewhere and other things from my local North Charleston North Woods Mall and the outlets there plus my surrounding stores in Summerville, Goose Creek, and Monk Corner---South Carolina.  Y'all need to try that for your economy in your area!!!!  Smiley Wink

Respected Contributor

QVC is located here in my home state of PA, and West Chester is quite close to Philadelphia.  There are two QVC outlets within an hour's drive of my house as well. The workers in the outlets used to tell me QVC paid better hourly wages than any other outlet store in the area.

Esteemed Contributor

And sone of us live 2 hrs from a mall. 

I won't buy clothes from WM, Target or Kohls

Honored Contributor

@addtothis I shop where and how I please. I don't need to be told how to do this by a stranger here.

I purchase what I want from whoever has it.

Super Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@addtothis I shop where and how I please. I don't need to be told how to do this by a stranger here.

I purchase what I want from whoever has it.

I get it, I am from the so Ungrate northeast Delaware Valley and we had NANA in our county.  You need to do your homework or get out of Dodge!!  Savor it.

Respected Contributor

@addtothis   There is great shopping available in the Charleston area.  My best friend lives in Goose Creek and I visit occastionally.  Live 10 hours away now.  We don't have that great shopping here and my legs wouldn't like all the walking now a days anyway.  It used to be fun to shop there but not able to do all the walking around now.  So QVC is great for me and I find way too much that I like and have not had any problems with my ordering. So I am happy here.

Honored Contributor

I shop Kohl's for many items, and, have been very satisfied!

Honored Contributor

I've been preaching shop local for years. No one is listening I'm afraid. So sorry to see the mom & pop stores all extinct now. Big box stores are here t stay I'm afraid. I live rural and just have small vacation towns around me. Are their prices higher? Yes. But it's nice to know the owners and know that what I pay goes to their family and to keep their little wonderful store open. SHOP LOCAL!

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

I have always preferred to shop local but this is not always possible.  I know a lot of people either are not able to shop at real stores because of health issues or just don't enjoy shopping this way, or the stores are just not available.  I love shopping at B&M stores but as time goes on, there are less and less of them around.  It's not my first choice to shop on line but I often have to, to find what I need and/or want.  I whole-heartedly believe in supporting stores in your community if possible, but as I stated it's not always possible.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

Re: JUST SHOP LOCAL!!

[ Edited ]

Shopping local is fine on occasion but I don't want to spend all the time driving someplace and find nothing, or my color choice, size etc is not available only to have to drive around some more in the Arizona summer heat. Most of my furniture is from local stores in Cave Creek. As for clothes, shoes, purses etc I just want convenience. Most of the local stores in and around the Phoenix area (that includes Scottsdale, Glendale etc) that sell clothes sell clothes meant for tourists. Floofy material, seersucker, loud prints, etc. i think it's called resort wear. I don't wear that stuff. From April to October I'm in tees and shorts. The rest of the year it's jeans and tees. Costco, Kohls, LLBean work fine for me.