Honored Contributor

Items To Return To Closed Stores

[ Edited ]

Gosh!  I have some items I purchased online from b&m stores while they were closed and I need to return them!  I did reorder, but, I can't keep them in my car because DH will take my car for tires sooner or later.  If I mail them back. I'll lose shipping and I'm not going to do that living 15 minutes away!!! Rats!

Anyone else having returns hanging around?

Respected Contributor

Re: Items To Return To Closed Stores

[ Edited ]

Have you checked their websites to see if they've extended their in-store return policy? Talbots has extended its return policy to begin when they reopen their stores. I suppose I could mail merchandise back, but I always take my returns to their store. TJMAXX is doing this, too.

Honored Contributor

Most stores have extended their return policies.

The info usually can be found on their website under: COVID-19 or "return" policies.

I know Target has extended til 7/15.

Valued Contributor

Call their customer service number. They might be able to answer your question. Some have 800 numbers.

Perhaps if they have curbside delivery they might also have curbside return.

But also look at the website to see what they are doing customer sevice wise since this event.

Honored Contributor

@msgb wrote:

Call their customer service number. They might be able to answer your question. Some have 800 numbers.

Perhaps if they have curbside delivery they might also have curbside return.

But also look at the website to see what they are doing customer sevice wise since this event.

@msgb Thank you.  They're closed as same as me.  I'm not over the date, it's just a pain to deal with!

Esteemed Contributor

I returned sheets to Macy's using their return label. It didn't cost me anything. The real problem is receiving your refund. It took 20 days to receive my credit. I called CS and they said it would take 48 to 72 hours to get my credit.  The only reason I was able to talk with a CS rep is because they give Platinum members priority. 

They don't take returns at curbside. I know they have given you extra time to return your merchandise.  I was use to taking my returns to the store and within 48 hours the credit showed on my account. 

Respected Contributor

SOOO frustrated by this also! I always return to the store and can't and I am not about to lose money by sending back via mail- I also don't feel comfortable going to a post office! NO RETAILER should be charging customers to return items right now. 

Respected Contributor

CVS is not taking back any returns.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

Gosh!  I have some items I purchased online from b&m stores while they were closed and I need to return them!  I did reorder, but, I can't keep them in my car because DH will take my car for tires sooner or later.  If I mail them back. I'll lose shipping and I'm not going to do that living 15 minutes away!!! Rats!

Anyone else having returns hanging around?

I actually got tired of hanging on to a return for Kohl's so I mailed it back to them with tracking.  They processed it about 10 days after they received it back.  

Honored Contributor

I have a few thing needed to be returned to Kohls!

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller