Esteemed Contributor

Re: Is Your house like this?

@PinkSunset , they may not be your words but you chose to post them.  There is no need to be unkind.  My point is made.  I won't be posting further on this thread.  LM

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

It doesn't matter which topic certain posters respond to, there are some who are quick to hit their keyboards with criticism and negative comments. 

Their target could be the recipe/kitchen discussion  thread or a more chatty, friendly thread like this one--any topic is fair game when someone is in a bad mood.

The chronic critics and naysayers probably  are displaying more of their own  personal unhappiness in life than unhappiness with something another person posted.

The rest of us can't do much to help them other than remain friendly and sympathetic,  and hope to see more constructive contributions to the discussion.

Trusted Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 

Thank you on this Thanksgiving morning for fond memories of my dad. He kept everything in "stock". Air conditioner shortage in a melt down summer, no problem! He had a brand new window unit in the box! Need a fan? On a stand or table fan? Take your pick! Need a kitchen or bathroom faucet, you had your choice of styles. I could go on and on! 
No matter what you needed it was stocked at his storage building.

He loved having what I may someday possibly need! He was the best dad and I miss him and Mom this Thanksgiving Day.

Thank you for making me smile!
Blessed Thanksgiving to you and yours!

Frequent Contributor

I help my young adult children (college and mid-twenties) when I can.  But I don't understand the concept of stocking a house with all kinds of items in case they might be needed or wanted.

Almost anything can be ordered online, often with free shipping and sometimes even same- or next-day delivery.  If and when it's needed.

Different strokes I suppose.

Esteemed Contributor

@Annabellethecat66   I know your heart.You wear it on your sleeve just like me.I totally relate to what you're saying. My husband & I worked as a team to be able to give our son everything our dear parents couldn't afford to give us. In fact he is still working hard at 70!! He could easily retire but chooses to keep working.
  There are people on these boards who seem to take pleasure in bashing the rest of us. We women have to lift eachother up. Not tear eachother down. I often say that we are all friends on these boards.Atleast we should be.

Enjoy today with your lovely family!! You truly deserve all the good that has come your way.

Honored Contributor

@Lilysmom wrote:

@PinkSunset , they may not be your words but you chose to post them.  There is no need to be unkind.  My point is made.  I won't be posting further on this thread.  LM

---------

Dear @Annabellethecat66 , I like what @Lilysmom told the other poster. We are a diverse group with varying income levels. No need to for us to be mean! Keep posting and sharing your life with us. You are among friends, with a few Grinches thrown in.

Respected Contributor

Years ago I used to shop at my parents' home. My mom would purchase things dirt cheap with sales and coupons. I'd pick up soap, shampoo, stuff like that. She'd have dozens of extras. Like a family joke. I miss that younger version of my folks.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Trusted Contributor

I do "shop" at my mother's house.  She sort of does at mine too.  She came to visit not long ago and I had several of the same watch in different colors.  She took one of them back home.  Funny thing is, now she can't find it.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I agree with @Kachina624  - not good taste to talk about your assets or finances.  It's a turn off to most.   I'm sure many feel the same as @PinkSunset.

Super Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 I have two sons but I do like to given them whatever they need for their apartments and I give a ton of things to the girlfriends at the moment.  I woud rather know that my things will be used by someone who needs them then to just donate them where I don't know if they will be used.