Honored Contributor

I'm going to do a puzzle this winter! Really want to.

Want to do one of an old time store. You know that has all that old fashioned stuff in it. I saw one at Hobby Lobby that I really would like to do. It must be the change in the season since it's hit me so hard to want to do one. Quiet time.

Do you have a favorite one you like to do, or do you sew or something like that for your quiet time. I mean, granted I'm retired, but I want to really put the blinders on and concentrate on something. This I can do and leave it up and come back to and pick up where I left off. When you can't get out much or don't need to in the winter, this fits the bill for me. At least this year. LOL

You?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: I'm going to do a puzzle this winter! Really want to.

[ Edited ]

@qualitygal  A puzzle sounds like a good idea.  I haven't done one since my kids were little.  I'll have to take a look at them.

I like to color.  I haven't done it in a few months though.

I used to crochet, counted cross stitch and sew. It's been years.. 

I need to find something else to do besides eat this winter.

Esteemed Contributor

@qualitygal, me too.  My BIL gave me two.  I don't know how good I will be.  I plan to set up a card table in the den so I can work on it when the mood hits.  Between that and my quilting, I will be busy for the winter months!  LM

Esteemed Contributor

My daughter and I used to do them during those long cold winters. Fun and relaxing!

Honored Contributor

I used to love jigsaw puzzles but a cat and puzzle pieces!

Honored Contributor

I used to break out a puzzle every New Years Day and puzzle away with football on TV in the background.  I still love puzzles, but I'm "addicted" to doing them on my computer.  JigsawsGalore has the best puzzles!!!!!  You can do a lot of customizing (number of pieces, shapes, etc).  I have mine set for about 350 pieces right now and do at least one puzzle a day or two.  I just can't stop!!!!!  And I've bee doing them on my computer for a couple of years now!  Love my jigsaw puzzles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Honored Contributor

@Krimpette wrote:

I used to break out a puzzle every New Years Day and puzzle away with football on TV in the background.  I still love puzzles, but I'm "addicted" to doing them on my computer.  JigsawsGalore has the best puzzles!!!!!  You can do a lot of customizing (number of pieces, shapes, etc).  I have mine set for about 350 pieces right now and do at least one puzzle a day or two.  I just can't stop!!!!!  And I've bee doing them on my computer for a couple of years now!  Love my jigsaw puzzles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ohhhhhh thanks! I'll have to check.

I too plan to put up the old card table and do one on that.

Respected Contributor

Funny you should mention this. Just the other day I thought to myself I would like to get a puzzle to keep me busy when the cold months hit. I want to find a solid surface to do it on and be able to slide it under the couch when not doing it. I am going to check some craft stores and see what they have to offer. Have fun with yours.

Respected Contributor

I love to do puzzles, but with two cats it's difficult.  They want to help!

@luvdoodles, Amazon has a lot of puzzle carriers, but the good ones are surprisingly expensive at nearly $100 or more. The reviews are helpful.

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

I too love doing puzzles in the winter! Each winter I do several very large ones especially if we have lots of snow. I love the large ones and have several with the irregular edges and they are fun and beautiful. Lang makes some really neat ones with old vintage scenes. A new one I have which I haven't gotten to work yet, is of my beloved St. Louis Cardinals and Busch Stadium. Looking forward to that one this winter! My husband brings in a long table for the family room and we leave it up for quite some time. Most puzzles we work won't fit on a card table. Having a garage sale next week and selling about a dozen which we've worked several times.