Respected Contributor

A few weeks ago I got a very bad haircut and was totally kerfuffled about what to do--after all, you can't pick the hair up off the floor and re-attach it.

So I went back to the gal who did the deed (in 10+ years, this is the first time this has happened) and talked over what to do about it. As a result, I'm bald; most of my hair is gone. I look AWFUL.

In addition to having very little hair, my head is cold. I have a small melon -- I was often called "pin head" when I was a kid. Most of the hair on my neck and around my ears is gone.

Fortunately I have lots of hair and it grows very fast. In a few weeks I'll look like a female human being again.

Honored Contributor

@GoneButNotForgotten    So, have you found a new stylist?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Yes, it's hair and it grows. It's hard to imagine how that happened!   In the meantime, get a cute bandana to wear when you need it.  There are a couple different ways to wear them.  

Respected Contributor

Kachina, I'm undecided. I want to let it grow out (obviously) and I'll be monitoring how she handles it. It'll take a while and I'll be watching closely to see how this turns out.

Honored Contributor

@Another new name Sue 

True! The American Cancer Society has some instructions on their website!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

@KingstonsMom Yes, and etsy has some nice ones, not "cowboy," but tie dye and other pretty colors, not red and blue like the cowboy ones.  I got some during the pandemic to hide my horrible hair and still wear them especially on cold morning walks.  Oh, I just remembered, I first got a couple to wear as masks back when masks were unavailable.  Bad memory for sure!

Honored Contributor

@Another new name Sue 

I hear ya'! When my current illness first started, we thought it was cancer somewhere and I had already looked at the Cancer Society's website for instructions, LOL!

Thank you to the the universe!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

When I first read your story, I thought it was a,joke. I have never known a person who would go back to the scene of an accident just to make sure it happened. How bad was the haircut that you needed to go bald?? I am sorry but this makes no sense. Didn't you realize before you left the salon the haircut was a disaster. The stylist thought nothing about letting you walk out in public with this haircut. I would have been livid and never ever gone back. I would have called and wanted a refund.

Esteemed Contributor

@KingstonsMom, A big hello to you!  I think of you so often and hope you are doing well.  Please let us know when you have a chance.  Take care!

Honored Contributor

Hats and scarves until it grows back. In the interim, look for a new hairstylist. It would.be ridiculous to go back to someone who mistook you for a sheep that needed sheering.