Esteemed Contributor

@bonnielu wrote:

@Daisy Sunflower  My friend does not take the class.  They showed up once.  I thanked them and that was that.  I  dare not approach them since they thought they were doing me a favor.  Touchy situation.  

I just re-read this thread because I knew it sounded familiar when I read the recent one.  And now I'm confused.  Apparently there was a betrayal by friends who were also taking the class, but upon reading this thread it seems that the friends only showed up once. 

Are the betraying "friends" simply other people in the class?  Because that makes a big difference.

Or is this a case of two different yet amazingly similar situations?

Respected Contributor

@bonnieluI'm sorry this happened to you both!  Have you thought of reporting this to the BBB?  You can do this on-line and hopefully get a "record" on the company so this doesn't happen to another couple.  It would certianly hurt my feelings and probably make me gun shy to take another class.......

Respected Contributor

@NYC Susan wrote:

@bonnielu wrote:

@Daisy Sunflower  My friend does not take the class.  They showed up once.  I thanked them and that was that.  I  dare not approach them since they thought they were doing me a favor.  Touchy situation.  

I just re-read this thread because I knew it sounded familiar when I read the recent one.  And now I'm confused.  Apparently there was a betrayal by friends who were also taking the class, but upon reading this thread it seems that the friends only showed up once. 

Are the betraying "friends" simply other people in the class?  Because that makes a big difference.

Actually, there seem to be several differences in the accounts.  You mentioned this one.  Also, in the original, the instructor was a woman who emailed the "don't come back" edict and then would not allow any accommodation.  In the more recent one, it was a male instructor who called and said OP could stay, but the class might fold.

Maybe these are minor discrepancies, but it does make this whole thing more confusing.  She did say in this original post that she started a different class - could the same thing have happened again - with a different instructor?

Respected Contributor

Hummm, this is confusing?

Esteemed Contributor

@Isobel Archer wrote:

@NYC Susan wrote:

@bonnielu wrote:

Actually, there seem to be several differences in the accounts.  You mentioned this one.  Also, in the original, the instructor was a woman who emailed the "don't come back" edict and then would not allow any accommodation.  In the more recent one, it was a male instructor who called and said OP could stay, but the class might fold.

Maybe these are minor discrepancies, but it does make this whole thing more confusing.  She did say in this original post that she started a different class - could the same thing have happened again - with a different instructor?

I've been wondering too if maybe the same thing happened again.  If so, that's very telling.

Respected Contributor

@NYC Susan wrote:

@Isobel Archer wrote:

@NYC Susan wrote:

@bonnielu wrote:

I've been wondering too if maybe the same thing happened again.  If so, that's very telling.

Yes, my take on that would be that if she really wants to learn to dance, private lessons are the best option.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor
I would demand a refund. This is no way to treat someone who is driving 180 miles round trip to be part of the group....the person in charge should lose their job. Would like to know if anyone else in the group got a similar email.
Honored Contributor

@bonnielu   That was just plain hurtful.  You handled it much better than I would have. I would have been so crushed, I never would have danced again. You are brave in my book.