Respected Contributor

What rude and unprofessional behavior by the instructor. Good riddance to bad rubbish as my mum would say. Hopefully you will have more fun in your new class.  Have you seen your friends since the email happened? What was their reaction to how hurt you felt by it?

Esteemed Contributor

Just came back from another class and we were spot on with no difficulty.  Just if you are wondering.. we never stopped the class.. never asked any questions... never did anything to call attention to ourselves.  However I feel really good about our change, our new class and about the hope we will only get better for trying.

Honored Contributor

What seems strange to me is that you hadn't picked up on any coolness from the instructor or any indication from the couple who invited you. Have you spoken with them about the email?

Esteemed Contributor

@Isobel Archer   Yes, my suggestion in the reply.  Give me another partner for just awhile and help me out... don't dump me... but in any case no response.  And trust me I did not do anything to tick her off or even close.  We just showed up and tried our best.  We drove from the longest distance, double the rest and we went home and practiced.  

I have moved on but the thought of this happening lingers.  I am a retired teacher.  At the end of one year our principal asked student to pay a written tribute to their teachers which he published. Comment for me, "  She never gave anyone a JUST A SECOND CHANCE... THREE, FOUR, FIVE, SIX, SEVEN , EIGHT AND ON AND ON CHANCES.  SHE NEVER GAVE UP ON ANY OF US. I I am approached on the street and thanked.. So I am made of a different cloth, thank God and I pride myself as being a mentor.  Probably this is why I was so hurt since I cannot even fathom anyone being like this.  But saving factor IT WAS NOT ME doing this to someone else.

Esteemed Contributor

@SaRina  Never even asked a  question to hold anyone up.  Just saying in case you might think I was a "question box."  We  just came, tried, seemed to do well, and never really did anything anyone did not do. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Daisy Sunflower  My friend does not take the class.  They showed up once.  I thanked them and that was that.  I  dare not approach them since they thought they were doing me a favor.  Touchy situation.  

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Rude, crass, unprofessional.

I agree with Eleanor Rigby (love that song)....you should show up and see what the instructor has to say.

THEY SHOULD HAVE HAD THE DECENCY TO PHONE YOUI AND TALK TO YOU.

I would go on Yelp, Google, etc and write a review. 

Sorry this has happened to you

Honored Contributor

Between this story and the NYE disinvite story, it makes you never want to accept an invite from anyone every again.

I'm glad you are moving on and moving forward and taking the high road.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Trusted Contributor

@bonnielu Does this jog your memory?

Trusted Contributor

@bonnielu wrote:

@Isobel Archer   Yes, my suggestion in the reply.  Give me another partner for just awhile and help me out... don't dump me... but in any case no response.  And trust me I did not do anything to tick her off or even close.  We just showed up and tried our best.  We drove from the longest distance, double the rest and we went home and practiced.  

I have moved on but the thought of this happening lingers.  I am a retired teacher.  At the end of one year our principal asked student to pay a written tribute to their teachers which he published. Comment for me, "  She never gave anyone a JUST A SECOND CHANCE... THREE, FOUR, FIVE, SIX, SEVEN , EIGHT AND ON AND ON CHANCES.  SHE NEVER GAVE UP ON ANY OF US. I I am approached on the street and thanked.. So I am made of a different cloth, thank God and I pride myself as being a mentor.  Probably this is why I was so hurt since I cannot even fathom anyone being like this.  But saving factor IT WAS NOT ME doing this to someone else.

This is the best way to look at it, @bonnielu- better them than you. Eventually the picky ones will become dissatisfied with each other and the whole class may fold up. 

You're wise to keep moving on- maybe even form your own group. Unfortunately we can’t expect others to share our same values.