Honored Contributor

Re: How many pieces of candy to give out?

1 pkg of Skittles

1Milky Way

1 KitKat 

1 Reese's Peanut Butter Cup

My husband insists on it.😄 He loves kids (me too) and this is one of our favorite holidays. We most years get a lot of kiddos.😃♥️

Respected Contributor

@sunshine45  Back in the 50's and 60's my mother always made up those little bags of candies. Sometimes, I would help her. Back then, no one was concerned about unwrapped candies.

I wonder if those little paper Halloween bags are even made anymore.

Now, I and most people just buy wrapped bars and mini bars and

pass those out.

Respected Contributor

@Lakelife62 wrote:

@Rockycoast wrote:

@PA Mom-mom wrote:

@Rockycoast wrote:
We give out 2 full size candy bars per Trick or Treater. We let them choose what they want. I also ask the adults that bring around the kids if they want a candy bar. And just to make me feel old, the kids that used to come trick or treating at my house are now bringing their young ones to my door! LOL!

@Rockycoast  Wow! You have one of the great stops on the trick or treat circuit. I have also started to see neighborhood "kids" come by wiith their own kids. Hmmmm.... Time flies.

Yes, @PA Mom-mom  we love having the kids come to the door. Get to see all the costumes, quick chat with the adults.  We give candy to All ages. Does not matter to us how old a T or T is.  We usually get 60+  "kids".  Though that number has been going down.  Trunk or Treats, school parties, and just going to a house development that is easier than a street house all are reducing numbers.  Smiley Sad

You are a joyful person! An example of being neighborly for 2 generations of kids. Your contribution is important.

Good for you!

Ahh, thank you for your kind words @Lakelife62 .I try and make it fun for all!

Honored Contributor

Don't be stingy. Two pieces is ok if they are mini/fun sized candybars. If you're giving out something smaller, give more.

I give as much as I can. I don't want any left over. If I run out, I turn off the light and close the door.